Kings new logos leaked without color

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
The Sacramento Kings will have new logos to go with their new arena for the 2016-17 season. And if the leaked images are to be believed, they are going to be awesome.

The logos got out as a result of a trademark application filed by NBA Properties Inc., according to the European Union Intellectual Property Office. They represent a clear throwback to designs that originated in the team's Cincinnati Royals days. The Kings updated to their current branding in 1993.

The leaked logos appear in black and white, as is the standard in trademark applications, but the rumor mill also has it the Kings might revert to their old baby blue and red colors.

[Twitter, h/t Fox Sports, SportsLogos.net]

Thoughts?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RainDelay said:
The Sacramento Kings will have new logos to go with their new arena for the 2016-17 season. And if the leaked images are to be believed, they are going to be awesome.

The logos got out as a result of a trademark application filed by NBA Properties Inc., according to the European Union Intellectual Property Office. They represent a clear throwback to designs that originated in the team's Cincinnati Royals days. The Kings updated to their current branding in 1993.

The leaked logos appear in black and white, as is the standard in trademark applications, but the rumor mill also has it the Kings might revert to their old baby blue and red colors.

[Twitter, h/t Fox Sports, SportsLogos.net]

Thoughts?
Why didn't you post the images??

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
Honestly thought I did, I was on mobile. Thanks

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RainDelay said:
Honestly thought I did, I was on mobile. Thanks
lol, makes sense. I was like "what a dick tease!" Seriously though, I love these. Soft spot in my heart for the Kings because the franchise did spend time time in Cincinnati. Their current logo has way too much going on and it was always ballsy to rock purple so close to the Lakers. Bring back the royal blue & red color scheme and I'm all in. That's a stellar combo and has a nice lineage behind it.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ugh, sticking with the purple...

Good to see them get rid of/tone down the use of black though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%