Kings in Sacramento

Stro

Reaction score
Sacramento and the Kings must agree to a new arena financing plan by March 1
Maloof family, city and league officials will meet Sunday for negotiations
Mayor Kevin Johnson appears confident but David Stern is less optimistic

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/25/kings.arena/index.html#ixzz1nVXQo7T5
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/25/kings.arena/index.html?sct=nba_t2_a5

What are your thoughts on this?

Will the Kings relocate to Anaheim as they so nearly did last year? Will they stay in Sacramento?

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Keep the Kings in Sacramento, get rid of the Bobcats/move them to Seattle, and move the Hornets back to Charlotte.

Stro

Reaction score
No doubt that the Kings deserve to stay in Sacramento.

Must be a nightmare to be a Kings fan right now.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
:(

I wish the Maloofs would sell the team

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings deserve to stay in Sacramento. Seattle deserves the Sonics (a new team) and then add one to either Anaheim or Kansas City where they already have a good arena.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the nba has a hard enough time with the teams they have and you're on the side of ADDING a team or teams?...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Uhhhh yes.

Listen to Stern when he talks. He's all about adding teams. (Mainly in Europe)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and that doesn't change the fact that those are retarded ideas..and the league won't approve them. teams in europe will fuck wig the players cause the time zones and that messes with the usa ratings which causes the league to lose money.

so many people are against "super teams" I can't see anyone voting for more teams to be added right now. look at how had the bobcats have Brenda they've only had ONE winning season, ONE. not a good look for future expansion teams.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard Sacramento can't come up with 65 million...whatever.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It'd help if the Maloofs would pay back the $67 million owed to the city. Doesn't matter though, they reached a deal yesterday.

:spiderdance:

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like how people just want a team in Seattle so bad.

First it was Sacramento and the Hornets.

Now it's the Clippers and Bucks.

Who's next?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Clippers to Seattle is a joke
they literally have no reason to move

this city is big enough for both the lakers and clippers. this season is proving it
ever since they moved to Staples, even when they SUCKED, they always turned a profit. why move from LA????

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the NBA will be back in Seattle at some point, but not while Stern is the commissioner.

Problem is, who do you move? Aside from a few select teams, if your losing the fans aren't going to come to the games, and if you are winning they will. It's that way for most of the NBA. You can look at the teams who are always down at the bottom, but moving a team isn't going to really help anything because moving the team doesn't help the front office.

To me, moving a team like Atlanta makes sense. The fans don't support that team, at anytime, winning or losing.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
atlanta is a marketable team though, i can't see them moving. the bobcats would really be a great choice to move but them moving would be a sign of failure on the leagues part. honestly the only way seattle gets a new team is by expansion and we ALL(besides djt..) know that's a horrible idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%