Kimbo & Daley done in UFC

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dana White slices "Kimbo" from roster following UFC 113 loss to Matt Mitrione

MONTREAL – Following two official fights in the organization, Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson's days in the UFC are apparently done.

UFC president Dana White revealed in Saturday night's post-UFC 113 press conference in Montreal that Slice (4-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) would likely be released following his loss to fellow "The Ultimate Fighter 10" cast member Matt Mitrione (2-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC).

"That's probably Kimbo's last fight in the UFC," White said.

A former streetfighter that took up mixed martial arts in 2007, Slice has been a YouTube sensation, network television superstar, reality show contestant and pay-per-view draw. His trademark beard and gold chain drew viewers by the millions when he was starring with the now-defunct EliteXC organization and again when he was shockingly selected as a contestant on "TUF 10."

White often blasted Slice as a freak show fighter when he was competing for EliteXC, and the UFC exec on Saturday admitted his initial evaluations of the heavyweight had been wrong.

"I didn't know Kimbo," White said. "I just knew what I saw. The first time I ever met him, I said, 'This is going to be an interesting meeting with all the [expletive] I've said about this guy over the past two years.'

"He came in, and he couldn't be a nicer guy. He took this serious, he trained, went after it."

Slice was defeated by Roy Nelson in the first round of the "TUF 10" tournament, but he was asked back to the finale to face slugger Houston Alexander. The fight fell flat as Alexander largely refused to engage, and Slice earned a unanimous-decision win in a less-than-stellar 15-minute affair.
I said something to this last night but I didn't think it would happen this fast. Kimbo isn't much but he's a bigger draw than a lot of other bad preliminary fighters. I was hoping to see another fight but props to Dana White for showing that he's not gonna keep Kimbo around strictly for the fact that his name is "Kimbo Slice".

Dana White: Following cheap shot, UFC 113's Paul Daley won't fight in the UFC again

MONTREAL – Following a post-fight cheap shot that tagged opponent Josh Koscheck, welterweight Paul Daley will never fight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship again.

That's the word from UFC president Dana White, who condemned the veteran fighter's actions following the pay-per-view fight.

In Saturday's UFC 113 co-main event at Montreal's Bell Centre, Daley threw a post-fight punch after losing a unanimous decision to Koscheck.

The loss cost Daley a coaching spot on "The Ultimate Fighter 12" and a title shot with champion Georges St-Pierre.

The late blow, however, cost him any shot at a future in the UFC.

"He's done," White said after the event. "I don't give a [expletive] if he's the best 170-pounder in the world. He'll never come back here again.

"There's no excuse for that. These guys are professional athletes. You don't ever hit a guy blatantly after the bell like that, whether you're frustrated or not. It was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen because he is a talented guy, and he is one of the best 170-pounders in the world."

Daley also is likely to face a suspension and fine, though Montreal's athletic commission won't rule on the matter for another couple days.

Koscheck, a four-time NCAA Division I All-American wrestler who also won a national championship, used takedowns and a stifling top game to win the decision. Even as they physically fought, Koscheck and Daley continued sparring verbally throughout the bout. The fighters both talked big heading into the bout and engaged in an intense staredown at Friday's weigh-ins.

Following the bout's conclusion, Daley got to his feet and tagged Koscheck with the cheap shot. Referee Dan Miragliotta immediately pinned him against the cage and chided the cheap shot.

"I don't care if he fights in every show all over the world and becomes the best and everybody thinks he's the best pound-for-pound best in the world, he will never fight in the UFC ever again," White said. "He's done."

White said Daley offered little explanation for his actions other than to say he "didn't hear the bell."

Daley, a British fighter who previously competed with organizations such as Cage Rage and EliteXC, signed with the UFC in 2009 and entered the No. 1 contender's bout with Koscheck after knockout wins over contenders Martin Kampmann and Dustin Hazelett. The loss to Koscheck snapped a four-fight win streak.
F''' me, this sucks. Paul Daley was the one guy I was counting on to shake up the 170 lbs weight class and now this. It was a dumb-ass move by him and did you hear his explanation? "I didn't hear the bell"...seriously? We're not that stupid Semtex. Well I hope that sucker punch was worth it b/c the money isn't as good in Strikeforce. I was really liking Semtex too.

Oh yea....thanks MMAJunkie.com

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
na na na ....

good for Dana in making these decisions quickly

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Daley should have been "fired" I guess it's the right word to use. I know that was a stupid move, but maybe Koshchek said something that bothered him, and obviously Koshchek's acting pissed him off as well . And Kimbo......He just sucks balls.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Daley should have been "fired" I guess it's the right word to use. I know that was a stupid move, but maybe Koshchek said something that bothered him, and obviously Koshchek's acting pissed him off as well . And Kimbo......He just sucks balls.
He did deserve it. White has made his stand on post fight antics and ethics known publicly and he goes off and does this? I don't think it was smart of Dana to say "ever again", because time could heal that, but he has every right to fire him.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seriously? I don't care if Josh Koscheck called Paul Daley's mother a whore, you don't sucker punch the man 30 seconds after the fight is over. Totally classless, unprofessional, and shows a serious lack of self control on the part of Semtex. I like Paul Daley, cannot stand Koscheck, but I can't condone Daley's actions in the least bit.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess. That was a dick move by Daley.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Daley gets what he deserves and Strikeforce should take notice of the severe punishment handed out by the UFC. Though I enjoyed the Strikeforce: Nashville post-fight brawl, I am astonished that the promotion has done very little to punish those involved.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
as much as kimbo improved i knew he wasnt a ufc fighter. he draws a big crowd and dana knew that but at the same time its good to show he wants top notch fighter not just huge crowds. im gunna miss kimbo though =/

as for daley and what i read, another good move by dana to show he wont take no shit. seriously, dana is that dude.

TTN2810

Reaction score
LMAO. Dana is that dude. Sounds like you should be saying Dana is that chick".

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fret not Kimbo fans, I am 99% sure both Slice & Paul Daley end up in Strikeforce anyways.

Barcode

Reaction score
Fret not Kimbo fans, I am 99% sure both Slice & Paul Daley end up in Strikeforce anyways.
No reason to sign Slice, he is out of his league in a MMA ring, period. I hope that he saved his money.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No reason to sign Slice, he is out of his league in a MMA ring, period. I hope that he saved his money.
We're talking about Strikeforce here...the same promotion that is carrying Herschel Walker on their roster. Kimbo is out of his league but he's a big draw. Dana White may not be willing to sacrifice the integrity of his roster in exchange for more attention...but Scott Coker of Strikeforce will.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Does anyone have a video of Daley suckerpunching Josh?

Barcode

Reaction score
We're talking about Strikeforce here...the same promotion that is carrying Herschel Walker on their roster. Kimbo is out of his league but he's a big draw. Dana White may not be willing to sacrifice the integrity of his roster in exchange for more attention...but Scott Coker of Strikeforce will.
I know, but Slice got owned by that pink haired stand in dude and this last fight by a ex-NFL lineman that is a nobody in the sport. He might draw some freak show, maybe, but his in-ring work has a long way to go and he's already 36.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
what ive said all along, kimbo is better off trying to become a boxer. he has to much to learn in mma.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Daley is a moron. But sad to see Kimbo go, was a fan favorite. But like previously stated he had to learn too much.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know, but Slice got owned by that pink haired stand in dude and this last fight by a ex-NFL lineman that is a nobody in the sport. He might draw some freak show, maybe, but his in-ring work has a long way to go and he's already 36.
Bringing in Kimbo makes too much sense for Strikeforce. They're having a hard time finding opponents for Bobby Lashley and Herschel Walker. I could see Kimbo vs. either being a pretty interesting draw for a CBS show.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The video doesnt work.
You took too long to view it my friend. Zuffa is pretty quick to drop the hammer on illegal YouTube feeds of PPV's that are recent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%