KG tries to intimidate Calderon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Throughout his career, Kevin Garnett has gained a reputation for being one of the most intense players in the league. Sometimes that intensity causes him to step over the line a bit. Last night, in a game with a playoff-level feel to it, Garnett went bonkers and decided it was time for him to shut down Raptors point guard Jose Calderon. Here's footage of what happened next:

It's great to see a player of Garnett's caliber get that hyped for a regular season game. However, I definitely think he stepped over the line on this one.

There is no way the refs didn't see him clapping or wagging his finger at Calderon. That is blatant taunting and if it were any other player the refs would have nailed him with a technical foul. As well, if a guy like OJ Mayo would have done something like that everyone in the media would have been writing up pieces on how Mayo is a thug and representative of everything that is wrong with the league.

Yes it was entertaining to watch, but it's still something that no one else in the league would be allowed to get away with. Some people would say this is just another example of the Celtics being allowed to cheat their way to victory.

Watching the clip also caused me to gain a lot of admiration for Jose Calderon. You see how he didn't back down from Garnett? That's how you handle a situation like that. I hope Calderon's buddy Pau Gasol is taking notes.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/11/11/kevin-g...-jose-calderon/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arh5bmAsWb0...-jose-calderon/

Definetly should've been a tech on KG.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
Personally I think it's entertaining to watch players like that, and it's also great to see player pay that guy back, just like Calderon did. KG should have gotten a tech if we're going by the rules though.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KG should have been T'd.
But Calderon just earned a TON of respect from me.
That was awesome.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Definately a load of bs that Garnett didn`t get a T for that, but it was in Boston so it figures.

I did like how Calderon just ignored him and went along playing the game though.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just another example of foreigners acting way more mature then us goofy Americans.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Calderon didn't ignore him... I seen him throw his hands up like he thought there should've been a penalty.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Calderon didn't ignore him... I seen him throw his hands up like he thought there should've been a penalty.
Well maybe he did, but I was going off what I saw in the video for I didn`t see the game. I was mainly referring to during the play how he continued playing and threw the ball to Kapono(or whoever he did) and they ended up scoring.

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't watch the posted video. I must've seen a different one on SportsCenter.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There you go Calderon, don't let KG talk to you like that. Good too see him get back in his face.

KG is one of the league's biggest b1tches to be honest. And I'm not just saying that cause he is on the Celtics.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There you go Calderon, don't let KG talk to you like that. Good too see him get back in his face.

KG is one of the league's biggest b1tches to be honest. And I'm not just saying that cause he is on the Celtics.

LOL - yes you are.. but that's ok, Pistons fan

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Noo, he has picked fights with Detroit ranging from his T-Wolves days to his Celtics days. Plus this just put him right back up there.

Reaction score
That's why you don't like him, because he picked fights with Detroit.

.loggie

Reaction score
not to be biased, but i think this had an effect on the outcome of the game. of course we shouldve shut down paul pierce and everything but the crowd was so into the game and the momentum would have dropped if he got a tech. then we wouldve ended up getting a FT and possesion. i mean it might not have made a game winning difference but the game was closer than the boxscore says.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score

He's not a <Censored>, he just talks trash. Now Rasheed, THAT's a <Censored>. Just playin' no I'm not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%