Kenyon Martin is a little bit frustrated

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Kenyon Martin has yet to receive even an non-guaranteed offer from an NBA team after playing last season with the Clippers, reports Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports. The 12-year veteran spoke with Yahoo, expressing confusion over the lack interest for his services. Martin says that there is a misconception within NBA circles that he is difficult that is a result of his notoriously emotional and competitive play.

Martin told Spears, "There is a notion about me that is not accurate at all – I don't know who started it or where it came from – that people can't control me. I don't understand. Have I had my issues like a lot of other people? Yeah. But I'm getting back that people think they can't control me, that if I don't play I'm going to explode, or I can turn a locker room."

Martin also said that he was hoping to latch on with a contender, but now a week into the season, he will sign with the next NBA team that gives him an offer. After playing a portion of last season in China, Martin signed with the Clippers in February and averaged 5.2 points and 4.3 boards in 22.4 minutes per game as Blake Griffin's backup.

Blazers general manager Neil Olshey, who was with the Clippers last year, had nothing but good things to say about Martin, making it even more puzzling as to why the Cincinnati product has been unable to find a home.

Olshey said: "We don't win the Memphis series [without Martin] and we certainly wouldn't have finished as high as fifth in the Western Conference without Martin. His ability to impact the game by guarding multiple positions, switching pick-and-rolls, blocking shots and protecting the rim was an element we really didn't have and it made us unique. I was thrilled with Kenyon in Los Angeles. He was a good teammate."

Expect interest in Martin to pick up as teams have a better idea of their needs or have injury issues. Spears says that the Knicks, Lakers, Mavericks, Nets, Hawks and Spurs all checked in on Martin this offseason.
hoopsrumors.com

Would you want your team to pick him up? Is he a cancer to a team?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'd be on a team if he wasn't a terrible player.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Probably wants to much money.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
When Eddy Curry can still start for a team, and you can't get a job, you know it's time to retire

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Heat have moved to the top of Kenyon Martin's wish list for potential destinations, a source tells Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel. Earlier this month, we heard that Martin is still seeking a contract offer, and is hoping to land with a contender.

If Martin is open to playing for the veteran's minimum, a concession he wasn't willing to make in the offseason, the Heat could potentially be a fit. Miami used its mid-level exception to sign Ray Allen, but is still eligible to sign players to minimum-salary contracts. The team is also carrying 15 players and would have to cut someone in order to make room for Martin, with non-guaranteed players Josh Harrellson and Terrel Harris the most logical candidates.

Still, there's no indication yet that the Heat are interested in signing Martin, who established career-lows in PPG (5.2), RPG (4.3), and PER (9.9) last season with the Clippers. The 34-year-old is one of a number of big-name free agents still on the market, two weeks into the regular season.
hoopsrumors.com

Not surprising at all to see the Heat at the top of his list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%