Keith Rivers traded to Giants

VC15

Reaction score
Ralph Vacchiano ‏ @TheBlueScreen

The Giants and Bengals have all but completed the deal for LB Keith Rivers, according to a source. Should be finalized shortly. #NYG
I’m told the Giants will be giving the Bengals their 5th-round pick in the 2012 draft for LB Keith Rivers. #NYG

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I dont know who Keith Rivers is, but at least we only gave up a 5th rounder for him. I always feel that our LBing core could be better and even if this is a depth move Im still all for it.

VC15

Reaction score
With Tolly going off to Oakland, this could shift Kiwi back to DE. Or he could be in a "joker" role, like he was in 2010.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
If he can stay healthy, which is a big if then I'm sure he'll turn out to be a good player for the Giants. He's been injured a ton in recent years and he clearly wasn't apart of the Bengals plans going forward. I'm glad they got something out of him. He hasn't lived up to expectations but maybe a change of scenery will do him good.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Giants acquired WLB Keith Rivers from the Bengals in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2012 draft. It's the last pick in the fifth round, so it's as close as you can possibly get to the sixth. Rivers developed a bit of a "soft" reputation in as the former No. 9 overall pick in the draft with Cincinnati, but he was not averse to playing through injuries and is a quality run defender when healthy. Look for Michael Boley to start at middle linebacker for the Giants. Rivers should handle the weak-side duties, with Mathias Kiwanuka on the strong side. Apr 11 - 2:06 PM Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There was so much talent at linebacker from USC in 2007.

Rivers
Cushing
Maualuga
Matthews
Maiava
Galippo

Only two ended up being good, and they're both probably on roids.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
There was so much talent at linebacker from USC in 2007.

Rivers
Cushing
Maualuga
Matthews
Maiava
Galippo

Only two ended up being good, and they're both probably on roids.
Did you just say that Matthews is on roids?

VC15

Reaction score
The trade is official now. Rivers just passed the physical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%