Status
Not open for further replies.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That'd be lots of fun, if people ran it properly

well, here it is.

what you fail to realize is that the debate section really isn't a priority to the board...it's the actual sports forums.

now, to be completely honest, i've been trying to make a point:
why the hell would a board that doesn't even post consistantly in the sports threads need a debate section?

it makes absolutely no sense to me.

and another thing, for the love of god, people, post in the damn sports threads, and that goes to you especially.
if youre looking for an argument, a debate, than check the freaking sections, instead of claiming that someone "killed the argument".

sheesh.

Sabbath

Reaction score
We should have an SI all-time team. Have polls for each position of a sport. And whoever gets the most votes is on the roster.
Any thoughts, this could get the sports section going a little to lakerfan.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Any thoughts, this could get the sports section going a little to lakerfan.

This, with I guess a combination of the "points system" mentionied earlier.

fact is, we need some sort of a hook to get, convince, award people to post in the sports forums.

if you acknowledge a member for good work, they more than likely will continue to contribute.
my two cents.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
This, with I guess a combination of the "points system" mentionied earlier.

fact is, we need some sort of a hook to get, convince, award people to post in the sports forums.

if you acknowledge a member for good work, they more than likely will continue to contribute.
my two cents.
Kinda sad that you need to reward people just to get them to post quality in the sports forums though. Haha.

But whatever works I guess.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kinda sad that you need to reward people just to get them to post quality in the sports forums though. Haha.

But whatever works I guess.

well, when you have the same 5 people posting day after day after day, and then you get badgered by a guy for making a good argument with a "you have too much time on your hands" statement, it's necessary... :[

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
well, when you have the same 5 people posting day after day after day, and then you get badgered by a guy for making a good argument with a "you have too much time on your hands" statement, it's necessary... :[
LOL. That still makes me laugh.

Unfortunately, it probably sums up what a lot of people think, that if you make a good argument, which is fairly lengthy(in detail), you have too much time on your hands.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL. That still makes me laugh.

Unfortunately, it probably sums up what a lot of people think, that if you make a good argument, which is fairly lengthy(in detail), you have too much time on your hands.

LOL, yes, the whole "If it's longer than 5 sentences, I won't read it" argument...
I love it.

I mean, seriously, and I stress this to all members here on the site:

We are on a SPORTS board, for god's sakes...

please act like it.
please.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the main reason why people don't LIKE to post in the sports section is they are afraid that it seems like every active sports discussion leads to some sort of debate or argument, not all, but on here, a lot of them do. And a lot of people like myself do not like to argue

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it's fairly simple, to be honest...

you don't make a stupid comment, and your comment will more than likely be left alone.

is it really that much to ask?

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
I think the main reason why people don't LIKE to post in the sports section is they are afraid that it seems like every active sports discussion leads to some sort of debate or argument, not all, but on here, a lot of them do. And a lot of people like myself do not like to argue
Are you suggesting that a lot of people on here have homosexual qualities?

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score

you don't make a stupid comment, and your comment will more than likely be left alone.

C'mon, with some people's track records it is.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

I'd say it's more debating towards someones opinions then there are more debating towards stupid comments.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, seriously, here's a tip.

on the site, at any given time, there about 10 guests browsing the site.

Admins, please, please, please find a way to get them to register, find some hook there.
I don;t care if it's like a sign on the front page, or the ability for them to post, but get something to make them register.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
I'd say it's more debating towards someones opinions then there are more debating towards stupid comments.
People make stupid comments that they can't back up, they get called out on it and they become defensive because they know they won't be able to back themselves up. It's happened too many times to bother bringing up an example.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
well, seriously, here's a tip.

on the site, at any given time, there about 10 guests browsing the site.

Admins, please, please, please find a way to get them to register, find some hook there.
I don;t care if it's like a sign on the front page, or the ability for them to post, but get something to make them register.
Perhaps set up a pet forum?

Because they're all looking at the cat thread. LOL.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would love a pet forum, love, love, love

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
to be completely honest with you, if you don't expect for your opinions to be challenged, especially if they are dumbfounded, there is something wrong with you.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
See, there are two different kinds of people who join forums, ones who are there to have fun and go in with there opinion, but they hate to get into arguments and debates because well, not everyone likes to debate or get in an argument so really it is a waste of time. Then there are the people who love to join forums who are there soley to have sports discussions.

- Bacon Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%