Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
See, there are two different kinds of people who join forums, ones who are there to have fun and go in with there opinion, but they hate to get into arguments and debates because well, not everyone likes to debate or get in an argument so really it is a waste of time. Then there are the people who love to join forums who are there soley to have sports discussions.

- Bacon Grease

okay, so your honestly expecting to share your opinion on a public website, but expect to get absolutely no shaft for whatever stupid or irresponsible comment you make?

how does that work?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
okay, so your honestly expecting to share your opinion on a public website, but expect to get absolutely no shaft for whatever stupid or irresponsible comment you make?

how does that work?
it's just the mindset some people have, like some people view, do those people ever lighten up? I myself come here to have fun, many people do not like getting into arguments or debates, it's just there mindset, they have enough issues to deal with in life then get on a message board and argue, they come to relax and basically have a place to chill.

It's the two different mindsets, both look at each other weirdly.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
See, there are two different kinds of people who join forums, ones who are there to have fun and go in with there opinion, but they hate to get into arguments and debates because well, not everyone likes to debate or get in an argument so really it is a waste of time. Then there are the people who love to join forums who are there soley to have sports discussions.

- Bacon Grease
It's a sports forum, if you have an ounce of sports knowledge on your belt, you shouldn't be afraid to take part in arguments, discussions or debates.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But as I said, they aren't afraid, they just don't like to debate, it's just that simple, some people, do not like to debate, it's as simple as that

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
But as I said, they aren't afraid, they just don't like to debate, it's just that simple, some people, do not like to debate, it's as simple as that
It's a sports board for crying out loud, do you seriously think people join thinking that it's just gonna be a forum full of morons who post meaningless articles and never discuss or argue anything?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is a sports community --- word being community...
you have those who wish to divulge in sports rhetoric and debates.

others, just find solice in coming to a board to relax and chat, sometimes it being sports-related -- neither are shunned. actually, both are welcome and encouraged.

if people can't accept both kinds of membership, then it's their tough luck.

we could go on and have a heated discussion about this, but honestly it's pointless.
each member should find it in themselves to contribute what they can to a site, while having fun.. if it seems to much like schoolwork, then it isn't fun, and we lose members that way.

support the type of community you enjoy and INSPIRE others to do the same. quit "putting down" those who don't share similar interests of posting

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
i personally find debates fun (the kind in the actual sports forums, the set-up debates can be fun, but I often only choose to debate in something that i actually care about when it comes to basketball or football), so I don't see the problem. It's just a way to kind of share in other people's opinions while arguing for your own.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
this is a sports community --- word being community...
you have those who wish to divulge in sports rhetoric and debates.

others, just find solice in coming to a board to relax and chat, sometimes it being sports-related -- neither are shunned. actually, both are welcome and encouraged.

if people can't accept both kinds of membership, then it's their tough luck.

we could go on and have a heated discussion about this, but honestly it's pointless.
each member should find it in themselves to contribute what they can to a site, while having fun.. if it seems to much like schoolwork, then it isn't fun, and we lose members that way.

support the type of community you enjoy and INSPIRE others to do the same. quit "putting down" those who don't share similar interests of posting
Is it impossible to relax and chat, and debate and put forth your opinions?

I can do both perfectly fine, what's everyone elses excuse?

And sorry, but contributing absolute crap is not my idea of people being enthusiastic, it shouts 'lazyness' to me.

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
Is it impossible to relax and chat, and debate and put forth your opinions?

I can do both perfectly fine, what's everyone elses excuse?

And sorry, but contributing absolute crap is not my idea of people being enthusiastic, it shouts 'lazyness' to me.
it's fine to add incentive to add quality posts, but if you force people to "not be lazy" then we won't have members. Simple as that...

you're not the contribution police so if someone just wants to get on for a bit, see how people are doing, check out their sim league team, and maybe check the sports forums before getting off, then they have the right to do it. I understand that the site needs more activity, but let's not try and force people to give quality posts...

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
it's fine to add incentive to add quality posts, but if you force people to "not be lazy" then we won't have members. Simple as that...

you're not the contribution police so if someone just wants to get on for a bit, see how people are doing, check out their sim league team, and maybe check the sports forums before getting off, then they have the right to do it. I understand that the site needs more activity, but let's not try and force people to give quality posts...
Blah, why do only a couple of people see my point in this whole thing?

Quality posts = quality forum

Quality forum = more members

It's a simple concept.

Who would join this board for sports discussion when most people couldn't give a rats <Censored> about what's happening?

werebarret

Reaction score
Well it was kind of a thread in which everyone contributes.

I for one can't think of anything to improve a section in terms of what I think you're referring to. I just think quality discussion has to be a must in the forums, and I think people should be encouraged in some way to make quality posts.

I dunno, perhaps make a points system and award points on quality posts, articles and debates etc?

I am trying to get around to the article team, but my opinion of the overall board has went down and I'm not too sure if we have people who would take an interest in them.

Debates? How many good debators are on this forum? I can name maybe 4 excluding myself, 4 or 5 members can't run a section like that, people need to be encouraged(like with the points system) to partake in debates.
Psh, I was an awseome debator when I wanted to be.

And when's the article team gonna start back up? I've been dying to write some articles lately, but I just don't see the point because the section's in limbo.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
I'm on my way out and so is Manny, so I guess you need to talk to Maple or someone else about that, sorry man, wish I could help.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, if you guys are leaving.. sorry to hear that.. that's now what I wanted, but it your decision

your point has been acknowledged and will be brought up to other admins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%