Junior Seau found dead in home

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cops in Oceanside, CA are investigating a possible shooting involving former NFL star Junior Seau ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We spoke with an investigator in the coroner's office .. who told us they got a call to respond to the scene ... though the details surrounding the situation are still unclear.

Cops are currently at a residence where 43-year-old Junior is believed to be staying.

People in law enforcement are telling us Junior Seau is dead ... but we are unable to confirm that right now.
Harvey Levin ‏ @HarveyLevinTMZ There are cops at Junior Seau's home... we are told something really bad happened. More to come...
Retweeted by Darren Heitner, Esq.

Michael Gehlken ‏ @UTgehlken RT @UTsandiego: Police respond to report of shooting at Seau’s home - http://UTSanDiego.com - http://utsd.us/IEIiwG

Michael Gehlken ‏ @UTgehlken RT @UTsandiego: Police respond to report of shooting at Seau’s home - http://UTSanDiego.com - http://utsd.us/IEIiwG

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rumor is he committed suicide.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. He will be truly missed. Was one of the best at what he did. May he RIP, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guess I can remove the rumor tag now, really sad...

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Will never understand why celebs/athletes with so much money and all that end their lives. Reminds me of Richard Cory.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Junior was always a favorite of mine. I grew up watching him play in his prime and true story, some years ago, I was at a beachfront party in Rochester & who came rolling in with a chick from another high school...Junior Seau. He was very drunk and very cheating on his wife but I thought it was facking awesome to forever be able to tell the story. I also ate at his restaurant in San Diego so...yeah...very saddened by this news.

Feel bad for his kids.

andy

Reaction score
Will never understand why celebs/athletes with so much money and all that end their lives. Reminds me of Richard Cory.
I think Junior's was related to all of the head trauma he went through after so many years in the league. That much trauma can really screw up how a person's mind works. In Feburary, ex bear Dave Duerson committed suicide in the same fashion to preserve his brain to be studied. I think that Junior did the same thing. There is a disease caused by repeated blows to the head and it is common in ex-NFL players. These brains will be studied to help further concussion research.

This really is a blow to my hear though. Junior Seau was an idol to me growing up. By far one of my favorite players and was a true inspiration. He was a class act and a good role model.

R.I.P.

TTN2810

Reaction score
From your story AE it sounded like he wasn't too good of a guy...
Either way, this is a sad story. It had to be concussion related..

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From your story AE it sounded like he wasn't too good of a guy...
Either way, this is a sad story. It had to be concussion related..
He wasn't obnoxious or anything...you could just tell he was pretty glassed over. I said "whats up" to him and shook his hand, that's about it. I was kinda stoned at the time so it was sort've a surreal thing....not that being around athletes or celebs blows my mind anything (they're just people too).

I believe Junior was suffering from depression. He was through an ugly divorce, he had some trouble with the law recently, he's probably broke, and it probably added up to be just too much for him to handle.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I'm gonna miss him, I loved watching him play when I was a kid.

R.I.P

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
ProFootballFocus.com ‏ @ProFootbalFocus
Is Junior Seau really the 8th member of that Chargers Super Bowl team to be dead before the age of 45? Yikes, terrible.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Death Is Stalking The 1994 Chargers

It is the plot of the least likely Final Destination sequel ever: members of the 1994 AFC Champion Chargers have been dying premature deaths. Even more premature than the average CTE-doomed football player: with Lew Bush's death last week, seven players from that Super Bowl team have passed away before the age of 45.

• Five months after that Super Bowl, LB David Griggs drove his car off a freeway ramp and slammed into a sign pole. Subsequent tests would show that his blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit.

• In 1996, RB Rodney Culver and his wife were aboard ValuJet FLight 592 from Miami to Atlanta when it crashed into the Everglades, killing all on board.

• In 1998, LB Doug Miller was struck by lightning while camping in Colorado. CPR was being performed on Miller when he was struck again by a second bolt.

• In 2008, C Curtis Whitley was found dead in his trailer in Texas. Whitley had a history of substance abuse and had twice been suspended by the NFL, and toxicology results pointed to an accidental overdose.

• Also in 2008, DE Chris Mims was discovered facedown on the bathroom floor of his Los Angeles apartment. An autopsy revealed an enlarged heart, and Mims weighed 456 pounds at his death.

• Earlier this year, DT Shawn Lee died from cardiac arrest brought on by years of complications with diabetes.

• On Thursday, Bush suffered a heart attack at his home in San Diego. Since retiring in 2002, friends say he had struggled with his weight.

A combination of freak accidents and typical post-football life demises. This is a statistical anomaly, not the spectral fingers of death personified plucking Bobby Ross's squad from this mortal plane. Still: football is a really, really dangerous game.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
• In 1998, LB Doug Miller was struck by lightning while camping in Colorado. CPR was being performed on Miller when he was struck again by a second bolt.
Wow, wtf? What are the odds of being struck twice?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
really sad. i hate hearing news about athletes/actors/any famous person who ends their life. one of my best friends did so when i hear this it really hits me. RIP

Lake Louise

Reaction score
It was rough seeing people talk about it. Never have I seen Merril Hoge or Marcellus Wiley fight back tears like that. It's terrible to hear this happen, especially to a guy who always seemed happy.

I loved watching him as a kid, and just loved the way he played the game. You could tell he had a real passion for it. A real pain to the heart. He'll truly be missed RIP.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, wtf? What are the odds of being struck twice?
I think I read something once about a high probability of being struck by lightning a 2nd time, immediately following an initial strike. Something about currents or w/e. Science is definitely not one of my strong subjects.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
I have watched the clip of Seau's mom about 10+ times and every time it makes me sick to my stomach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%