Josh Howard's newest controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From espn.com
DALLAS -- A YouTube video from a charity flag football game in July has Dallas Mavericks forward Josh Howard embroiled in controversy yet again.

The video, from Allen Iverson's event, shows Howard, as the national anthem is being sung, saying: "'The Star-Spangled Banner' is going on. I don't celebrate this [expletive]. I'm black." Howard also makes a hard-to-hear reference to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama (see the video here; some viewers may find content offensive).

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said, according to The Dallas Morning News, that the team dealt with Howard at the time of the incident. He added that the team has a plan in place to address the issue at training camp.

"That said, we will be going through some advanced communication skill sessions together this training camp," Cuban said Tuesday. "I have explained to him that cell phone cameras are not your friend and that what you think you said on camera is never what people will hear when it shows up on YouTube or TV."

Also in July, Howard was arrested and charged with speeding (94 mph in a 55 mph zone), careless and reckless driving, and speed competition in North Carolina. He was released from jail on a written promise to appear in court Sept. 23.

In that incident, police said an officer saw a black Lexus and a silver Volkswagen speeding along U.S. 421. The officer stopped the Lexus, and Howard was identified as the driver.

Last year, Howard admitted he is an occasional marijuana user. And in 2006, Howard opted out of playing for the U.S. Olympic team program, reportedly because he said it conflicted with his summer training camps.
1:42-1:51

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
what a waste of sperm... more and more I can't stand him

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didnt mind the weed smoking and the other stuff, but this does it. What a discrase to the NBA.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didnt mind the weed smoking and the other stuff, but this does it. What a discrase to the NBA.
+1

I was ok with him before and liked him, but he just lost all my respect.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Got damn josh. You embrace that fsoing you bastard.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Umm.. not not a bit surprised.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No it's not his beliefs. If he was from another country I could at least understand, but saying "I'm black," naw that ain't cool.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Are you kidding Fadeaway? If it werent for this country he wouldnt be ANYTHING. He would be in Africa starving like all the others there. And no, its not his beleifs. He said it is cuz hes black, not because he is a certain religion. America gives the most equal rights (race-wise) than any other country in the world, and he is a MORON for saying this.

yezzir

Reaction score
You guys didn't think he was a moron before this?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Smoking weed doesnt make you a moron.

yezzir

Reaction score
Yeah it does, and so does telling everybody else you smoke weed. Oh and you know what else makes you a moron, street racing.

This guy has been a moron and always will be.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im guessing 3/4 of this board has smoked weed. So they are all morons? I agree, he is a moron. For this. Not for smoking weed.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im guessing 3/4 of this board has smoked weed. So they are all morons? I agree, he is a moron. For this. Not for smoking weed.
Forget the board at least 1/4 of the country..

yezzir

Reaction score
I'm not saying anyone whos smoked weed is a moron. I'm saying whoever smokes weed regularly and goes out and tells the media about it is a moron. If that's 1/4 of the country, so be it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He only does it in the off-season he says...

That's a pretty dumb reason to call him a moron if you ask me.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
regardless of how many have tried it - they're Morons if for only 1 reason - IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have NEVER done any kind of drug in my life and proud that I did not become weak and fall into peer pressure -- we could debate this forever, but you will never change my mind on this as I'm a firm advocate of Just Say No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%