Josh Freeman vs. Eli Manning

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and NE has gone 63-17 during that time. 4 division titles. 4 playoff appearances (lost tiebreaker to make playoffs WITHOUT the #1 player in the NFL in 2008)

like, come on.

NE has a 79% winning percentage since 2006. Saints are at 61%.

plus, i love how you chose 2006, because the Saints had a very good year then. If you start at 2007, or 2005, its a lot different.

start in 2007, and NE has been 51-13, Saints are 39-25.
start in 2005, and NE has been 73-23, Saints are 52-44.
New England has numbers that are impressive as hell, but the most important numbers are missing.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can you say that not having a playoff win in 2008, 2009, or 2010 does not really put a damper on New Englands regular season success?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
No, you gave your opinion that was shown to be wrong.

If those teams are elite, so are the Saints. Bottom line, the numbers show that as fact.
No, I said

The Colts are elite, the Pats are elite, the Steelers are elite, the Ravens are elite

The Saints are not
Then you asked me to name elite teams in the NFC and I said

I suppose the Eagles and the Packers. Might be able to throw the Giants in there

The Pats, Colts, Steelers, and Ravens have the edge over all those teams though
I said "I suppose" meaning while I don't really think so, it's possible

Then I said that they're not on the same level as the other four

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
okay, New Orleans made 1 Super Bowl since 06, as had NE. NO won there's and NE didn't. But thats the only Super Bowl the Saints have ever made. NE has won 3, and played in 4 since 2001.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
okay, New Orleans made 1 Super Bowl since 06, as had NE. NO won there's and NE didn't. But thats the only Super Bowl the Saints have ever made. NE has won 3, and played in 4 since 2001.
Winning Super Bowls in 2001, 2003, and 2004 obviously does not make a team elite in 2011. Are we talking about elite Franchises now?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Throwing the Eagles into the elite argument is pretty funny. When the other two monsters in the BEAST are healthy, the Eagles aren't even the best in their division.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
What exactly has Freeman led them to? Third place in a mediocre division?

Potential? Really?

Size- 6'4 at 220 isn't anything to scoff at either.

Stronger arm- If Freeman's is stronger, it's not by much. Eli truly does suffer from playing up North.

Football smarts? Eli runs one of the most complex offenses in the NFL.

You know you can trust a QB who finished in the top five in: passing yards and passing TD's despite missing his top two WR's for a significant portion for the season.

Freeman's body of work is too small to compare him to Eli.
Mediocre? Are you kidding?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There is a lot of kidding going on in this thread Falcons.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Throwing the Eagles into the elite argument is pretty funny. When the other two monsters in the BEAST are healthy, the Eagles aren't even the best in their division.
Your eagles hate blinds you to the fact that they won the division and were the only team to appear in the playoffs last year

VC15

Reaction score
Dude is a dumbass
3 of the 4 teams had 10+ wins
Yet the Falcons and Saints were handled pretty easily in their playoff games. Why? They played cupcake schedules.

The NFC South blows.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Drew Brees was right behind him, wasn't he?

I guess he sucks too.

Who un-banned this joker?
I never said I liked Brees, did I?

Who even wants you on here anymore? You've gotten even stupider in the half a year I was gone. Which is quite a feat if I say so myself.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Yet the Falcons and Saints were handled pretty easily in their playoff games. Why? They played cupcake schedules.

The NFC South blows.
What did the NFC East do last year? Oh, that's right. Had one team in the playoffs. The only team out of that division worth a damn in fact.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't college football. The BCS isn't in effect here, SOS means jack shit in the NFL.
I never claimed it affected anything. They did play just about every cellar dwellar in the league last year though. An average schedule probably would have yielded worse results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%