Jonas Impresses In Debut?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jonas Valanciunas had two points, zero rebounds and two blocks in 13 minutes, his first preseason game with the Toronto Raptors.

“He was where he was supposed to be on offensive sets and defensive situations and he opened up Andrea (Bargnani) on his rolls and those things create shots for other players but he doesn’t get credited on the stat sheet for them,” Dwane Casey said.

“I thought he came in and did an excellent job. For being off and coming in his first NBA game and going against three of the most physical inside players in the league, I thought he did a good job.”

“I felt better the second time I came in because that was my first time in the NBA, but I was still not showing 100 per cent results,” said Valanciunas.

The Raptors hope to play more up-tempo when Valanciunas is on the floor.
impresses? he looked lost. i also love how they dont mention how good drummond looked against him. jonas has a lot of work to do after watching that game.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Relax snipe. It was just a preseason game haha. Dwyane needs to be harder on him though. The 5th pick in an NBA draft needs to bring results on the stat sheet. Hopefully he'll prove a lot of us doubters wrong.

Amare

#swaggeronahudredthousandtrillion
Reaction score
he's coming from Europe, he had like 2 or 1 practices, he said his ankle still hurts so, yeah you can't expect rookie to score like 15-15 in his first game, improvement/adjustments takes time

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he's coming from Europe, he had like 2 or 1 practices, he said his ankle still hurts so, yeah you can't expect rookie to score like 15-15 in his first game, improvement/adjustments takes time
drummond had more q's about his game and he did just fine.

i still think jonas was nervous and i hope he does improve but he has a LOT riding on him.

Amare

#swaggeronahudredthousandtrillion
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get that too, why so many people on his back, I don't think he's gonna be like dominant center, but I think he could be Marc Gasol type of center

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
11 points and 8 rebounds is pretty impressive to me.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that was just horrible defense. that shot fake was so bad, nice finish at the rim tho.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that was just horrible defense. that shot fake was so bad, nice finish at the rim tho.
He ran strong to the rim though. It was nice. It's good to see him faking some shots. He loves Dwight. Maybe he can start impersonating him on the court :p

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it's about time that we rule the old standard center as "extinct."

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He has skills but seems like hes going to get bullied by good and stronger post players.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He has skills but seems like hes going to get bullied by good and stronger post players.
I'm confident he'll get stronger and a lot bigger. He's going to learn in time too to adjust to the talent -- most big men look really small in their first couple of years anyways.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Because I said it before the draft :skip:

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're only calling on it though lol. I guess only time will tell, but I think he's got good potential -- seems like he's one of those guys who will try his best to get better to me.He probably would have went higher in the draft if he didn't have to stay overseas too for a year.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X17_58e1fVY[/media]

Skip to 1:21

Him WANTing to play Dwight impresses me haha. Sure I'm making something out of nothing but I like his confidence. I think he's going to be a great center for our future -- someone that can rebound more than 10 a game hopefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%