John Fox: RB is No. 1 priority in free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
Broncos coach John Fox confirmed that running back will be Denver's No. 1 priority once free agency kicks off.
It's the only offensive position high on the Broncos' list. Multiple reports from the Denver Post have suggested Knowshon Moreno is ticketed for more of a third-down role in a committee attack. The most obvious target is DeAngelo Williams, who played under Fox in Carolina. Other possibilities are Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown, Willis McGahee, and Jason Snelling. Williams is the one that should be most worrisome to Moreno's Dynasty owners.
Source: Denver Post
Jul 12, 2:07 PM

It's just amazing how Moreno has fallen off from coming out of Georgia and being a threat at RB -- to just seeing himself as an extended 3rd down RB at best in the NFL. It'll be interesting to see if Fox tries super hard to reunite with DeAngelo.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
If I were Deangelo I would not go to a rebuilding project like the Broncos or Panthers. The Broncos arent known for taking big name RB's in free agency, its more the system than anything.

If I were Deangelo I would go to the Bucs, but thats just my opinion.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I were Deangelo I would not go to a rebuilding project like the Broncos or Panthers. The Broncos arent known for taking big name RB's in free agency, its more the system than anything.

Things have changed, that system was with Shannahan. Moreno is a great receiving back but I think Fox is trying to go back to hard-nose AFC west football

RandyMoss_Rko

Reaction score

They had Blount who had a terrific rookie season with them, Going with Deangelo with such a young movement squad would see Blount taking a back seat and I couldn't see Deangelo playing second fiddle either.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
They had Blount who had a terrific rookie season with them, Going with Deangelo with such a young movement squad would see Blount taking a back seat and I couldn't see Deangelo playing second fiddle either.
o_O???

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Im from England I may have spelt his name wrong but the running back for the Bucs ? Wasn't he a rookie and had a pretty good season ??
Didnt see where the Bucs were mentioned, but nevermind.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
FPS said that he if were DeAngelo he would go to the Bucs kam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%