Jim Tressel gets second interview with Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel has had two interviews with Colts owner Jim Irsay about the team’s vacant head-coaching position, according to reports.

WBNS-TV in Columbus, Ohio, reported that Irsay flew to Sarasota, Fla., Friday morning to meet with Tressel for a second time. Tressel worked for the Colts this past season as a game-day consultant. Irsay fired head coach Jim Caldwell this past Tuesday.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-21/report-tressel-gets-second-interview-with-colts-regarding-head-coaching-job#ixzz1k7FfHhdx

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really can't see Tressel as a NFL hc.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Me either. Would be very interesting to see how that works out.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
^ me neither.

I'd actually be surprised if he didn't get the job. I mean, there's not much more out there.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really do think Tressel could make a very good NFL HC, he just needs give up play calling to someone else, because he's way too conservative.

Players respect him, smart guy.

Reaction score
To be honest I can't really say I'm to excited about this. I'd rather have a guy like Zimmer in, but I wish the best for Jim for obvious reasons. Like Cheato said he has to stay away from offensive playcalling. The thing is, Clyde Christensen isn't really a great offensive play caller either. He always goes away from what's working.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
To be honest I can't really say I'm to excited about this. I'd rather have a guy like Zimmer in, but I wish the best for Jim for obvious reasons. Like Cheato said he has to stay away from offensive playcalling. The thing is, Clyde Christensen isn't really a great offensive play caller either. He always goes away from what's working.
I say go for Tressel. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%