Jets Want Tebow To Put On Weight

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rich Cimini/ESPN.com - The Jets want Tim Tebow to weight at least 250 pounds heading into the 2012 season.

The backup quarterback says he currently weighs about 249 pounds, nine more than he did last season with the Broncos.

"I'm trying to be in shape, be strong enough to do anything, but also fast enough to run around a little bit as well," he said.

The Jets have emphasized that Tebow's playing time will come in the Wildcat and that he's not competing with Mark Sanchez for the starting job

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they wanna make him a full-back

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
the Jets completely fucked this up yesterday, and I heard it nonstop this morning. Rex Ryan stood there at minicamp and said Tebow would get very few snaps this summer with the 1st team. Then a Jets spokesman stepped up afterwards and "clarified" that Tebow would only get those 1st team snaps in the Wildcat in training camp.

Then literally, like an hour later, Tebow was seen running non-wildcat drills, in Red Zone drills, with the 1st team. And then it was total chaos in NY Media this morning. Absolute disaster.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Wouldn't be a disaster if the media wasn't so stupid. Tebow is going to get a lot of red zone snaps in game because he was great in the red zone last year

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the Jets completely fucked this up yesterday, and I heard it nonstop this morning. Rex Ryan stood there at minicamp and said Tebow would get very few snaps this summer with the 1st team. Then a Jets spokesman stepped up afterwards and "clarified" that Tebow would only get those 1st team snaps in the Wildcat in training camp.

Then literally, like an hour later, Tebow was seen running non-wildcat drills, in Red Zone drills, with the 1st team. And then it was total chaos in NY Media this morning. Absolute disaster.
I went to the mini camp, he was with the 2nd team.

SJax39

Reaction score
I think John Gruden comparing Tebow to a Mike Alsott like player is becoming more and more true. Despite what Rex Ryan says, I doubt Tebow's going to be just a niche type player. You just don't give up two draft picks for a guy who gives you 2-3 plays a game. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Whether that means he's going to be starting at QB over Sanchez, I don't know. But it certainly seems like it and I'd put my money on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%