Jets, Packers Could Land Asomugha

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
[font="Arial][center]
[u][b][size="4"]Jets, Packers Could Land Asomugha[/size][/b][/u]

[font="Arial][size=2][size="2"]David White/San Francisco Chronicle (via Twitter) -Nnamdi Asomugha has become a free agent somewhat unexpectedly and the Jets and Packers could be potential suitors.

Green Bay's Charles Woodson is good friends with Asomugha.

In addition, the cornerback has said in the past that he'd like to play for New York's Rex Ryan.

[READ]

[/size][/size][/font]
[/center][/font]

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the jets get him god damn that secondary is going to be hard as hell to throw against.

ElJAY IV.

Reaction score
good they'll need it against the patriots becuase they got lit up last time

chitownfan1

Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't count the Bears out. They need a shutdown corner bad and I think they would open the checkbook much like they did for peppers.

But nothing can happen in terms of signing FA's until a new CBA is in place so I would put all rumors on hold.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'd shit my pants if we got Scrabble.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Hate to tell you, but all 32 teams will be bidding for Nnamdi.

Hes a sure thing signing.. its not like theres some type of risk. 18Million a year though, I think I'd have to pass. I'd rather get a player like Jonathan Joseph or something.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can guarantee you that Detroit is going to offer him a large contract.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can guarantee you that Detroit is going to offer him a large contract.
Yup we have like 20 million in cap space which is more than like 3/4 of the league I think.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Its all about if he wants to go there. I'm sure he wants to go to a championship contending team.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He would instantly become the leader of the secondary. His presence alone makes us a legit team. I think that would be attractive for him.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
HAH Jets won't get him. They may try but it'll be too difficult.

Their top 2 WRs are heading onto Free Agency -- they'll cough up big $$ to keep Holmes and make a valiant effort to keep Edwards. The team was hesitant to give Revis the money he wanted, and it was obviously purely financial.

Just because he wants to play for Rex Ryan doesn't necessarily mean the Jets can afford to keep other necessary weapons while also bringing him in.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they signed him.

Obviously the Packers COULD bring in Aso, but do they NEED to pay that much? They could pay that much, most teams could, most teams will try, but the Packers are pretty solid with Woodson and Tramon Williams -- both of which have been nothing short of spectacular with the Packers lately. Obviously they'll discuss ways to move a guy like Williams and sign Aso, but I just don't think they will.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Hate to tell you, but all 32 teams will be bidding for Nnamdi.

Hes a sure thing signing.. its not like theres some type of risk. 18Million a year though, I think I'd have to pass. I'd rather get a player like Jonathan Joseph or something.
Joseph isn't going anywhere, if anything he will be franchise tagged, already said he'd sign it the first day they offered it to him.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He would instantly become the leader of the secondary. His presence alone makes us a legit team. I think that would be attractive for him.
He will be the leader of any secondary he goes to.

Detroit is very similar to Oakland right now, you'd think he'd want better.

Oiler35

Reaction score
I'd love for the Colts to go after some sorta of CB this off-season.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Man if the Giants signed Nnamadi we would instantly have a top 3 defense in the league. With our pass rush and Nnamdi covering 1 side of the field, we would destroy teams.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He will be the leader of any secondary he goes to.

Detroit is very similar to Oakland right now, you'd think he'd want better.
It might be my inner bias, but I think adding him to the Lions instantly turns us to a playoff team.
Being the first GREAT CB in Detroit in such a long time would make him extremely popular here. It's a good situation for him IMO.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Or him and Revis could lock shit down like no one has ever seen before in NY while Asante keeps getting burned for TDs as he's not a very good cover corner, just good at forcing turnovers.

Reaction score
I'd love for the Colts to go after some sorta of CB this off-season.
?!?! A Corner? Out of all thing to fix a expensive ass CB? Powers is gonna be a good corner in this league imo. Hayden may not be great, but he fits our defense and does a pretty good job sometimes. Tryon has played some great ball this year too, and he's been forced to the be the number 1 corner due to injury, and is still doing well.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Whens the last time the Colts signed a expensive ass FreeAgent?..

Don't worry i'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%