Jermaine O'Neal to the Cavs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trade rumors keep coming hot and heavy, though most of them aren't worth repeating.

But here's one intriguing one I heard today: The Cleveland Cavaliers could trade Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Anderson Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/i...%3dstateChanged

IMO, LeBron and the Cavs could really use the trade. And that might just be enough for him. Hopefully for LeBron, they can pull something off.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love to see that happen, will it though? I hate the Cavs but that would be cool.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I love the Cavs, but i would hate to see that happen.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh, Cleveland needs to Improve that PG position alot. Ty Lawson is better than some players starting at the PG position.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ha, you didn't post the paragraph after that, which says the GMs that he has talked to have said that this trade is completely false.

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ha, you didn't post the paragraph after that, which says the GMs that he has talked to have said that this trade is completely false.
GM's always say that, it gives them leeway with other teams and doesn't compromise the trade. When was the last time a GM came out and said "I'm trading with this team for these players." Just doesn't happen.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh...sooner or later that happens. Thats how we get wind of a deal before it happens.

But then after the paragraph that denies the rumor it says that the Pacers will probably try to trade O'Neal, and the Cavs would be one of those teams that tries to get him.

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh...sooner or later that happens. Thats how we get wind of a deal before it happens.

But then after the paragraph that denies the rumor it says that the Pacers will probably try to trade O'Neal, and the Cavs would be one of those teams that tries to get him.
See that's why. The Timberwolves denied they were trying to trade KG for a while and look what happened. And, they don't get any info from GM's, they get them from assistants in the front office that leak it anonymously.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
as a cavs fan, i dunno how i feel about this trade, the price is pretty high for a guy who hasn't played a full season, and has only played more than 51 games once over the last 4 years.

someone already said Ty Lawsons name, and it really looks like he'll fall to or past 19th pick according to almost every mock i have read so far.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not gonna happen according to Pacers GM:

A rumor that has Jermaine O'Neal headed to Cleveland (with the #11 pick) for expiring-in-2009 contracts has picked up plenty of heat over the past week, as happens with most J.O. rumors these days. But Pacers general manager David Morway squashed the idea in a conversation with RealGM's Andrew Perna Friday, saying the teams haven't discussed the center.

"It's tough to answer questions on trades, but in this particular case, I will say that the rumor is completely false," Morway added.
LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%