Jeremy Tyler skipping Senior Year

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jeremy Tyler has decided to forgo his senior year of high school and turn pro.

Yes, high school.

This isn’t some sign of the sporting apocalypse or a teenager with an overvalued sense of worth. It’s a daring, trailblazing yet well-thought out move that challenges the bizarre way America develops amateur basketball players.

Tyler is an agile 6-11, 260-pound San Diego native, the nation’s top player in the junior class who already committed to the University of Louisville. He’s as close to a can’t-miss NBA prospect as there is; a tantalizing mix of size, speed and smarts. Scouts project him to be the No. 1 pick in the 2011 draft, when he’s eligible under the NBA’s age requirements.

In the meantime, Jeremy Tyler’s options were to:

1. Spend the next year at his local school, San Diego High, where he faces quadruple teams and isn’t experiencing much development; or

2. Transfer to a basketball factory in some rural outpost back East which has a big-time team but resembles a traditional high school in name only; and then

3. Play college ball for a few months dealing with NCAA limitations on practice time and coaching contact while competing against many of the same guys he has the last few years.

All for free, of course.

“I know I can do great things with my talent. My goal in life is to get better. Playing with the pro guys will get me a lot better faster. It will help me fulfill my dreams of playing in the NBA.”

– Jeremy Tyler

Instead Jeremy and his father, James, who owns his own home improvement company and is about to open a family restaurant, surveyed the traditional route, decided it made little sense, and went looking for a new plan. They called retired sneaker executive and hoops deal maker Sonny Vaccaro and plotted a course for Europe.

It isn’t the easy way – hanging out in high school, AAU and college is safer and far less demanding – but it is what they believe will be the best way to prepare for the NBA. It’s exactly what a teenager of comparable talent would do if they were pursuing a career in music, acting, tennis, hockey or even academics.

“It may not be the best way to get to the NBA, but it’s the best way to get ready for the NBA,” Jeremy Tyler told Yahoo! Sports this week. His decision was first reported by the New York Times.

“I know I can do great things with my talent,” Tyler continued. “My goal in life is to get better. Playing with the pro guys will get me a lot better faster. It will help me fulfill my dreams of playing in the NBA.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=AqgA...o&type=lgns

I guess this could be in NBA too, so if you wanna move it then feel free.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol if he doesn't make it in the nba, what will he do? he's a high school dropout

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
hopefully things work out for him but if he does get drafted then i dont really see him playing alot.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What a moron!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'll be better then he would if he went to college for a year, plus I'm sure his team he chooses will make him take night classes and <Censored> like that.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good not long a high school diploma is gonna mean anything to him when he is in the league.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol if he doesn't make it in the nba, what will he do? he's a high school dropout
He is gonna take classes to get his GED. And if he doesnt make the league he can still play overseas.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
He'll be a second round pick

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jeremy Tyler has reportedly found a deal in Europe, several months after dropping out of high school, according to a Tweet from Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.

'Hearing Jeremy Tyler close to signing 3 year deal with Olimpija Ljubljana, Euroleague team from Slovenia. $150k per, 400k buyout after 2 yr.'

Via DraftExpress

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%