Jeremy Shockey to Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From rotoworld.com
The Giants have reportedly agreed to trade Jeremy Shockey to the Saints in exchange for second- and fifth-round picks. Shockey still must pass a physical.
It's a risky trade for the Saints, but the perfect place for Shockey to improve his fantasy value. New Orleans desperately needs a second receiver to catch passes over the middle, and Shockey can top his career high in receptions (74) if he stays healthy for once. That would make him a top-six TE again, albeit one with huge injury risk. It's unclear if Shockey will even be ready for camp. The Giants turned down the same offer in April, but they got plenty of value to eliminate a distraction. Kevin Boss should take over at tight end.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
a second and fifth for Shockey....but only a second for Taylor?

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
This would be good for the Saints.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
a second and fifth for Shockey....but only a second for Taylor?
It was like a future 6th or something also, but to stay on topic Nice trade for the Saints... Why couldn't neither one of these teams get these deals done on draft day though?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree - NYG were pissy about this trade in april, but now all of sudden do it?

Well, good for Shockey... Brees and Gates were a great duo in San Diego. now he's got Shockey

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i love this trade! shockey down here in nola with the likes of brees, bush, colston, deuce, patten, and i could keep going on and on!

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, I hate to see Shockey go, he was one of my favorite players. Wish they woulda treated him right so none of this would have happened.

But a 2nd and a 5th is good, but still would rather a healthy bulldozing Shockey...

VC15

Reaction score
Shockey is a huge loss for certain. But Kevin Boss showed that he is good insurance as a huge target and willing to block when asked.

.paperTIGER

Reaction score
Kevin Boss' play made Shockey expendable, considering his salary, and bad attitude, which was affecting the locker room. Addition by subtraction for the Giants. Losing the salary and the attitude, while gaining a couple more picks.

The Saints were lacking a playmaking tight end (for years already) and he's another big body for Brees, and a nice compliment to Colston. Good trade here, if they can keep him in line and he stays healthy.

VC15

Reaction score
Usually near the top of the league in dropped passes...

Stryker

Reaction score
Great move by my saints and Shockey, this is gonna help revive the Saints offense, not that they needed to be or anything, but its going to make them more dominate, this is gonna help out Colston A LOT more in the passing game, helping spread the offense, take off the double cover, the cover 2, etc

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
i love shockey, and he is a great player, always in the list of top 5 or 6 TE's each year.

And also I remember hearing on either mike and mike or FIrst Take that the reason Shockey was all upset was because ownership MADE him be in the Owner's suit during the Super Bowl so he was unable to celebrate with the team.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Kevin Boss' play made Shockey expendable, considering his salary, and bad attitude, which was affecting the locker room. Addition by subtraction for the Giants. Losing the salary and the attitude, while gaining a couple more picks.

The Saints were lacking a playmaking tight end (for years already) and he's another big body for Brees, and a nice compliment to Colston. Good trade here, if they can keep him in line and he stays healthy.
ya one thing that always annoyed me about him was the constant injury problem. Always had SOMETHING wrong with him each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%