Jays Want Joba for Downs

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jul 28, 2010 9:17 AM EST

The Blue Jays want pitcher Joba Chamberlain from the Yankees in exchange for reliever Scott Downs, according to a source.

The Yankees are battling the Red Sox for Downs, who is considered one of the best relievers on the trade market.

Chamberlain has struggled as of late, but it's highly unlikely that New York will meet that price for Downs.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
im not a fan of any yankee coming to toronto but if he plays well my mind could be changed.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, Joba to the Jays? Weird.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doubt this happens, the Yankees aren't going to sell Joba when hes at an all time low in his career. He'll have more value in the off-season if he pitches well the rest of the year..

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
let's hope and then have Joba turn it around like Yunel is

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
yunel has just been a beast since coming to toronto. the behind the back out at second was dirty.

i didnt even know who he was until he came here. im glad he did

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yunel is a decent player and the Blue Jays completely robbed the Braves imo. There is no way the Yankees trade Joba to the Blue Jays because of a bad year when he has had great success. The Yankees know that Joba can turn it around with proper use so I expect him to return to form.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I love what Anthopoulos has been doing with the Jays, he's been dealing one hit wonders for younger guys with promise.

I'm not saying Downs is a one hit wonder, but once he leaves Toronto, imo his career will go downhill

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm all for this. Although, I think we'd need to add a little bit to get Joba. Joba probably can turn it around.

Mooche

Reaction score
I'm all for this. Although, I think we'd need to add a little bit to get Joba. Joba probably can turn it around.
I completely agree. Joba would be nice to see in a Jays uniform, that's for sure.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Girardi is dumb for confusing Joba by making him as a starter, reliever, starter, reliever and so on. Much like what the Mariners did to Morrow but look what Morrow has been doing for the past few months now? I don't think this is gonna happen though. Joba still has tons of potential.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A lot of teams have one guy they switch back and forth.. It's not some new revelation the Yankees came up with. He was best served as a reliever early in his career to help the Yankees in a stretch run. But he has great stuff so they wanted to see him as a starter, he struggled and they needed bullpen help so they put him back in the bullpen..

VC15

Reaction score
This deal never had a chance. I heard that the BJ's wanted Montero as well. They were being much too greedy there.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This deal never had a chance. I heard that the BJ's wanted Montero as well. They were being much too greedy there.
Can't blame AA for that. Jays are selling high right now. Even if he doesn't get traded for a top prospect, Jays still get a top pick if he doesn't re-sign with the Jays next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%