Jason Taylor traded to Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Jason Taylor is on the verge of dancing on over to the Washington Redskins.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Miami Dolphins have agreed to terms on a trade that would send the All-Pro defensive end and reality show star to the 'Skins in exchange for a second-round pick.

The teams were hopeful to have the deal finalized later Sunday night.

The move speaks volumes about the severity of the injury sustained by Redskins defensive end Phillip Daniels during the first day of Washington's training camp.

According to reports, Daniels injured his left anterior cruciate ligament during 7-on-7 drills Sunday and it was believed that the injury was season-ending.

Taylor started all 16 games for Miami during the Dolphins' woeful 2007 season. But even as the Dolphins went 1-15, Taylor still showed a glimmer of the ability that made him the 2006 Defensive Player of the Year, leading the team with 11 sacks.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8362550...deal-for-Taylor

Nice move for both teams. Especially Skins though...

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
woah....dolphins should get a DT also

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
only a 2nd rounder? OMG - Redskins are getting a steal

VC15

Reaction score
Now my dream of an 0-16 season is more alive than ever! lol But having to face Jason Taylor twice a season is definitely a con to the pro mentioned above.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Now my dream of an 0-16 season is more alive than ever! lol But having to face Jason Taylor twice a season is definitely a con to the pro mentioned above.
Shut the <Censored> Up.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Lol, don't worry, I doubt a Parcells team will ever go 0-16. :p

tribeTILLiDIE

Reaction score
Very nice move by the Skins. Taylor wanted out because he only cares about winning games. I wish him luck.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Take everything everyone in the front office says with a grain of salt

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
This one will. :)

it's a lot harder to go win less than it is to go undefeated.

look at their schedule... they play buffalo twice, they can probably beat them once at least. OAK, STL, HOU, BAL, all those teams are far from amazing.

Ronnie Brown didn't really play last year, he can probably win 1 game by himself, running behind Jake Long lol

but in the real world, yeah they might not win lol

retry_1

Reaction score
the're going 2-14. with both wins comming over the pats :p

actually, 0-16 is a verry real scenario, sure, long can protect the qb, but they need a qb worthy of being protected also.

RB!

Reaction score
the're going 2-14. with both wins comming over the pats :p

actually, 0-16 is a verry real scenario, sure, long can protect the qb, but they need a qb worthy of being protected also.

I don't think 0-16 is a real scenario. The team is in no way worse than least season. Improved Coach, OL, Brown will play full season (hopefully), Beck won't be a rookie anymore, and people seem to forget that Miami's pass defense was fourth best in the NFL last season. I think 4-6 wins is more like what they will have this year.

The loss of Taylor hurts, but it's not too bad. He didn't want to be there and the team obviously doesn't want to have a player that doesn't want to be there. Works for both sides, especially the Skins. The Fins come out with 2 draft picks out of it, so I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%