Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

All season long James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley have been racking up the sacks, trying to outdo one another for the team lead.

On Sunday in New England, it wasn’t each other they outdid but instead some pretty good linebacker tandems that played for the Steelers before them.

Harrison and Woodley have combined for 25 ½ sacks so far this season, surpassing Greg Lloyd and Kevin Greene in 1994 and Jason Gildon and Joey Porter in 2000 when those tandems combined for 24 sacks for the season.

And the number could grow as the Steelers still have four games left.

“It feels real good, but that’s not the end of it,” said Harrison of setting the record. “We’re trying to raise that total to 30-plus.”

Harrison currently has 14 sacks after recording two against the Patriots and Woodley has 11 ½ sacks. Mike Merriweather holds the team record with 15 sacks in 1987.

“He is great,” said cornerback Deshea Townsend of Harrison. “He is one of those guys that is a true professional and has worked his way to being a great player. If he keeps doing that, the sky is the limit. This year is just a true testament of what he did last year was not a fluke.”

House of Steel

Reaction score
That is amazing to hear how well both of these sack machines are doing this season. They are the main reason to why we are 10-3 and heading to Baltimore to try and wrap up the AFC North crown and the two seed in the playoffs. Both of these men need to have their best game of their career if we are going to win. I guarantee you, these two will set the tone for the defense to be dominating and ravishing.

The Steelers offense worries me in more ways than you can imagine. It is all up to Bruce Arians to devise a plan to upstart the Ravens and throw their rhythm off. I just wish he would let Ben take over and go no-huddle. It seems as if the no-huddle works much better against the Ravens then taking a playcall by the minute. The rushing is ranking 23rd or 24th in the NFL. I can understand why Willie Parker is pretty ticked off about this. We are running away from our main strength of our offense, Power Running Steelers Football. WE CAN'T BE ONE DIMENSIONAL AGAINST THE RAVENS or they are going to slaughter us so bad and make us look like sitting ducks. All three demension better be on the top of their games for us to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%