James Harden traded to Rockets

Shady_McCoy25

Reaction score

Sources: James Harden Traded To Rockets

Oct 27, 2012 10:44 PM EDT

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded James Harden to the Houston Rockets, according to sources.
The Rockets will send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future pick considerations for Harden, Cole Aldrich, Lazar Hayward and Daequan Cook.
Harden had previously turned down a four-year, $52 million extension from the Thunder

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kevin Martin sucks but Jeremy Lamb is a nice fit with Russ and KD. One of those picks are probably gonna be lottery.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damn that was fast. now hes gonna get maxed and hopefully prove hes worth it. idek if this works cap wise though? without looking at contract figures i dont think it does.

should this be legit i like it a lot for okc.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
This is pretty shitty for OKC to be honest...

You couldn't get more than two guys who play the same position as the guy you traded away who was already your "backup"?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
kmart is expiring and could be dealt again later in the season or resigned for cheaper and used just to score in the clutch. lamb gives them even more help for the future and that pick is going to help too.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I do find this a little funny though. The only Rockets fan on this site was saying how he feels bad for whoever shells out max dollars for Harden during the NBA finals.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
kmart is expiring and could be dealt again later in the season or resigned for cheaper and used just to score in the clutch. lamb gives them even more help for the future and that pick is going to help too.
K-Mart expiring isn't really a plus for OKC. They won't have much/any soft cap space to play around with if they let him go because of KD, Russy, Ibaka, and Perk's deals. Flipping him later in the season would be stupid because they should have just traded Harden for whatever they would flip him for.

Lamb is insignificant, not going to be an impact player in his rookie year, I don't think he'll be one at all during his career but that's besides the point.

Teams with championship aspirations making trades that make them worse now <<<<<

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's always better to help yourself in the future than just "going for it" for one year. They would have lost Harden for nothing had they kept him just to make one more run.

Lamb has upside, trade value and now he's in a really good environment.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i really dont see how this made them worse at all. lamb is a good prospect and being around those players will only make him better.

expiring contracts still help, even though they won't help land an impact player.

should the flip kmart thats something they couldnt so with harden because the other team may have not wanted to risk losing harden in FAcy.

again, they are getting what should be a lottery pick too.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now I get to see Harden opening night at the Palace <3 Sweet.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
How are you going to lose a RFA for nothing?

Even if you eventually lose him for nothing, it wouldn't be until the end of next season...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How are you going to lose a RFA for nothing?

Even if you eventually lose him for nothing, it wouldn't be until the end of next season...
they cant max him, and other teams know that. they wouldn't have had any leverage for a s&t

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They weren't going to match a max contract

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%