Jalen Ramsey Requests Trade From Jaguars

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
Raiders picks are only going to get more valuable through this ridiculous road stretch. I’d like to see us pull the trigger on our 1st this year plus for him.

We’re in a division against the reigning MVP, who’s getting even better as he learns under Reid scary as that sounds. And he’s not a one and done type like Kaep was, defenses and coaches won’t just “figure him out” and close the book on him.

1st round picks are nice, potentially ~ but there’s the key word. You never know what you get with a pick. Trading Mack was absurdly dumb, not just because he was a top 5 pick and an all pro, but simply because when you pick a guy in the draft you only dream of them becoming that good. So I’m ok with losing a top 5-10 pick for one of the premier shut down corners in the game, when we desperately need that type of player on our defense right now.

Ramsey-Conley-KJ/Abram-Joyner is a pretty good looking secondary, and all young with room to develop. You’re also looking at half being on rookie wages for another 2-3 years.

My biggest reservation to making a deal like this would be, is he any happier here than he is currently in Jacksonville?

Maybe something like a 1st this year, 3rd and 5th next for Ramsey, a 3rd this year and a 6/7 next is enough. If we keep losing, and that relationship doesn’t mend, I’d keep calling on him.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I agree. Which is why I'm always surprised teams are so shy to trade too many picks for a proven star.

The issue there is 1 shutdown corner isn't stopping Mahomes. I mean you see it now, even without tyreek hill he's just as deadly with his other receivers.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I agree. Which is why I'm always surprised teams are so shy to trade too many picks for a proven star.

The issue there is 1 shutdown corner isn't stopping Mahomes. I mean you see it now, even without tyreek hill he's just as deadly with his other receivers.
But you can put Ramsey 1v1 on Kelce or Watkins, double-bracket Hill, and have Cover 1 help up top for the other 2-3 WRs

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
But you can put Ramsey 1v1 on Kelce or Watkins, double-bracket Hill, and have Cover 1 help up top for the other 2-3 WRs
I'd probably put Abrams on Kelce, we brought him in to be that hybrid box LB/SS to cover big TEs and to stuff the run. Everything else sounds spot on. We need big help in the secondary.

I'm surprised we haven't signed Iloka yet. He's a Guenther guy and we need safety help.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I'd probably put Abrams on Kelce, we brought him in to be that hybrid box LB/SS to cover big TEs and to stuff the run. Everything else sounds spot on. We need big help in the secondary.

I'm surprised we haven't signed Iloka yet. He's a Guenther guy and we need safety help.
Something's wrong--he is no longer close to the same player. He couldn't even get on the field for Zimmer last season. Before we knew what Anthony Harris was, Iloka couldn't even challenge Andrew Sendejo. It was a wasted signing. You'd be getting a ST body

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
Something's wrong--he is no longer close to the same player. He couldn't even get on the field for Zimmer last season. Before we knew what Anthony Harris was, Iloka couldn't even challenge Andrew Sendejo. It was a wasted signing. You'd be getting a ST body
That would make sense as to why we haven’t signed him.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
So is he still wanting out as this story seems to have gone cold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%