Jags retain Mel Tucker, Hire Bob Bratkowski as OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Likely because you are a homer, IDK though. I don't know anything.
If im a homer, then everybody else is too.

It may look like I'm a homer because Im the only Jaguar fan here and the only one that talks about them (the positive things I like). So it may seem like I just agree with everything and I think everything is fine and dandy.

Which is the farthest thing from the truth.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
& As for Bob Bratkowski.

Im glad its him and not Indys OC like it was rumored to be.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
From an objective view of a Bengals fan, without hating, Bratkowski is not a good hire.

He will commit to the run (which is good, in Jacksonville's case), and he'll likely use heavy sets and unbalanced lines to run the ball and some other somewhat interesting things to open things up. With that being said, he has a few shortcomings. I'm relating none of this things to the personnel in Cincinnati, because I'm aware of Palmer and Chad/TO's issues.

Things he is very bad at:
- Horrifically predictable. He is the type of coordinator who gets his team in specific formations to run specific plays with specific personnel, and play calls are often obvious just by alignment.
- Despite being committed to the run game at times, he is quick to abandon it and doesn't have a huge amount of patience.
- In terms of developing a young group of receivers and a rookie QB, he's just not good at it. His offense is notoriously complex in terms of route trees and terminology.
- Simply doesn't utilize a tight end. He won't / can't, it's just not a staple of his offense whatsoever. Considering one our your best options is a TE - yeesh.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
From an objective view of a Bengals fan, without hating, Bratkowski is not a good hire.

He will commit to the run (which is good, in Jacksonville's case), and he'll likely use heavy sets and unbalanced lines to run the ball and some other somewhat interesting things to open things up. With that being said, he has a few shortcomings. I'm relating none of this things to the personnel in Cincinnati, because I'm aware of Palmer and Chad/TO's issues.

Things he is very bad at:
- Horrifically predictable. He is the type of coordinator who gets his team in specific formations to run specific plays with specific personnel, and play calls are often obvious just by alignment.
- Despite being committed to the run game at times, he is quick to abandon it and doesn't have a huge amount of patience.
- In terms of developing a young group of receivers and a rookie QB, he's just not good at it. His offense is notoriously complex in terms of route trees and terminology.
- Simply doesn't utilize a tight end. He won't / can't, it's just not a staple of his offense whatsoever. Considering one our your best options is a TE - yeesh.
Well rumors are that Mike Mularkey will actually design the plays/formations and Bob will just call the game.

I think Bob was pretty handcuffed in Cincy. Marvin Lewis had final say in the plays that were being called.

As for Not using the TE, good. Marcedes was so fucking horrible last year, I wish we could trade him.

Also from what I've heard, Bob is known for using Single back formations with 3 WRs (2 wide, 1 in slot). & A TE. Which is good news for Jaguars fans because we're use to seeing 1 WR, 1 FB, 2 TEs and an extra Olineman in to help block during a passing play.

Still like the hire, as for him being predictable. Whenever your a OC for a team THAT LONG. Its going to get predictable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUPVjSz-YTM

Thank god No more of this.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Well rumors are that Mike Mularkey will actually design the plays/formations and Bob will just call the game.

I think Bob was pretty handcuffed in Cincy. Marvin Lewis had final say in the plays that were being called.

As for Not using the TE, good. Marcedes was so fucking horrible last year, I wish we could trade him.

Also from what I've heard, Bob is known for using Single back formations with 3 WRs (2 wide, 1 in slot). & A TE. Which is good news for Jaguars fans because we're use to seeing 1 WR, 1 FB, 2 TEs and an extra Olineman in to help block during a passing play.

Still like the hire, as for him being predictable. Whenever your a OC for a team THAT LONG. Its going to get predictable.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pUPVjSz-YTM

Thank god No more of this.
Where did you come up with that? I'm curious to know where you got that from.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Where did you come up with that? I'm curious to know where you got that from.
Every head coach has the final say. Bob probably ran what he was going to do by lewis, and Lewis would probably tell him to either change it or whatever you have it.

I've heard this before from Bill Parcels.

The Backup QB is always the favorite on the team and fans think he can always do somewhat better than what is already on the field.. and the OC is always the most hated person on the team. Every fan feels like they can do a better job of calling plays than what he is doing.

But to tell you the truth, the HC has final say over anything.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Every head coach has the final say. Bob probably ran what he was going to do by lewis, and Lewis would probably tell him to either change it or whatever you have it.

I've heard this before from Bill Parcels.

The Backup QB is always the favorite on the team and fans think he can always do somewhat better than what is already on the field.. and the OC is always the most hated person on the team. Every fan feels like they can do a better job of calling plays than what he is doing.

But to tell you the truth, the HC has final say over anything.
Yeah, I knew they have final say on everything but I seen fans saying the same thing on the Bengals forum so I found it ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%