Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
F%&$#@$!!!!

FOXSports.com said:
MANKATO, Minn. (AP) - Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson sprained the MCL in his left knee after getting tangled with a defensive lineman in practice on Saturday, according to a person with knowledge of the injury.

Jackson was hurt when defensive lineman LeTroy Guion fell at his feet and rolled over his leg during an 11-on-11 drill and is day-to-day, said the person, who requested anonymity because an official announcement had not been made. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune also reported that Jackson suffered an MCL sprain.

Jackson folded to the field in pain as trainers rushed to check on him. After a few minutes, he was able to get up and walk off under his own power.

"I really don't know what happened," Guion said. "Everybody was moving so fast."

The fourth-year pro first received some attention at a tent on the side of the field before heading to the team's locker room area at Minnesota State University, Mankato.

Jackson is in a battle with Sage Rosenfels for the starting quarterback position after Brett Favre decided not to come out of retirement and join the Vikings.

"Whether it's Tarvaris or any of your guys, you don't want to see any of your guys go down, no matter who it is," offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said after practice. "Whether it's your quarterback, your third tight end, it doesn't matter. You don't like to see anybody have any type of injury."

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Way to go TJack - way to get a lead in the QB race

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I bet they want Farve more now then ever - Sucks for them and sucks for Jackson.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jackson will live guys, read the article.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FBB
lol just when ESPN was talking about how he should win the position battle

FAIL

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Associated Press said:
MANKATO, Minn. (AP) - Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson did not practice on Sunday while rehabbing a sprained MCL in his left knee.

Jackson stayed inside while his teammates practiced in the afternoon and wore a brace on the knee when he emerged from the locker room. He declined to comment.

Jackson was injured on Saturday when defensive lineman LeTroy Guion accidentally rolled up on his leg during an 11-on-11 drill. He limped gingerly with that brace on when he walked to a golf cart on Sunday after getting treatment.

"He stayed inside for treatment today," coach Brad Childress said. "The first 24 hours are a big time to treat those things. He spent some time with all the modalities they do in the swimming pool. There are several things they can do for him."

Childress said there "was a chance" Jackson, who is competing with Sage Rosenfels for the starting job, could return to practice on Monday. He still has no plans to bring in another quarterback to help Rosenfels and John David Booty with practice snaps.

"I see those guys improving as we go," Childress said. "These guys fight for reps and they are getting several now. Neither one of them is going to turn to me and say, 'Hey can you bring in someone else to take these?"'
Good news, Jackson should be fine.

dust247

Reaction score
I just want to see the Vikings give John David Booty a chance. Maybe Jackson and Rosenfels will both stink up the Dome, and Booty will get an opportunity to play.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just want to see the Vikings give John David Booty a chance. Maybe Jackson and Rosenfels will both stink up the Dome, and Booty will get an opportunity to play.
If John David Booty was more than a 3rd string QB at the NFL level...he would get a shot. But this isn't the NCAA and he isn't pioneering a USC offense anymore.

More importantly, Tarvaris Jackson returned to practice yesterday. :smile:

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not even that good anyway, I couldn't imagine what the Vikings could do with a good QB.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Not even that good anyway, I couldn't imagine what the Vikings could do with a good QB.
x2. Tavaris is too inconsistent for my liking. And he has the best RB in the league, I mean come on.....

TTN2810

Reaction score
This wont hurt them nor help them. Seriously, the QB's on their roster suck. I'm sure Peterson would be a better QB.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You don't need an All-Pro quarterback in order to win the Super Bowl guys. With our O-Line, Defense and rushing attack...all we need is a Trent Dilfer.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, then apparently Tavaris Jackson is not that, because they didn't win it last year

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, then apparently Tavaris Jackson is not that, because they didn't win it last year
Our biggest problem is Brad Childress and his conservative/predictable West Coast Offense. As long as Brad Childress is in charge, we won't go any further than the NFC Championship game. I have zero confidence in the moron and I still think its was a huge mistake to give the job to a West Coast Offensive coordinator.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think that another difference is that Trent Dilfer had arguably the best defense of all-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Toggle Sidebar

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%