Jabar Gaffney released by Washington Redskins

BlackMamba

Reaction score
The hint was cast when the Washington Redskins gave rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III jersey No. 10, which had been worn by wide receiver Jabar Gaffney. Reality came Tuesday when Gaffney was released by the Redskins, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The team later confirmed the release on Twitter.

The 10-year veteran had a career-best season in 2011, when he led the Redskins in both receptions and receiving yards with 68 catches for 947 yards and five touchdowns.

Wide receivers Josh Morgan and Pierre Garcon, who were free agents, signed deals with the Redskins in March.

Gaffney might have known his time as a Redskin was running out, because he recently told told WTEM-AM in Washington, "They are trying to trade me."

"Jabar Gaffney" also became a trending topic worldwide on Twitter after a rant was posted on his account. Gaffney later claimed his account had been hacked.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was about to say...the #10 being slung around RG3's back basically sealed Gaffney's fate...if his dumbass twitter rage didn't already.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Had nothing to do with the number.

Moss or Gaffney had to go. Gaffney was the choice, obviously.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Gaffney wouldn't have looked that good if Moss played every game.
Not surprised by the move.

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score
And actually Gaffney was the better receiver overall. He was healthy, and was able to get open. Moss had become a get open and create type of receiver.

And if the thread is a month old but still at the top of the list, does that mean its an old thread? just sayin.

I think that this WR corps will allow Moss to play more slot which is better suited for him.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yes, it still means it is old.

Kam is MIA, and Cody, aka Guru #2, hasn't posted here forever

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score
thank you mr. moderator. I havent posted in this section so I was just responding. Relax.

And the when I posted something, other people responded.

its all good in da hood brotha...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%