Irish vs. Canes renewing rivalry?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Report: ND, Miami may renew rivalry

The Catholics vs. Convicts era is over, but one of the great college football rivalries of the 1980s might be resurrected.

Notre Dame and Miami are in discussions to play at least one game at Soldier Field in Chicago, the Chicago Tribune reported Thursday night.

The contest would be played in 2012, and according to the newspaper's source, the deal hasn't been completed because the schools are trying to work out a series of meetings.

Notre Dame and Miami last played each other in 1990, completing a series of passionate and competitive games.

Lou Holtz and the Fighting Irish beat then-No. 1 Miami 31-30 in October 1988 on the way to the national championship.

The Hurricanes returned the favor in November 1989, routing the No. 1 Irish 27-10 before going on to win their own title.

Notre Dame has played one game at a neutral site every year. This fall, the Irish will face Army at Yankee Stadium.

- ESPN
That's awesome, I hope the deal gets done, this is what we need more of in college football...big, storied schools going at it, (as non-conference opponents), in the regular season. I loved the 2-year Texas vs. Ohio State reg. season rivalry, I love it when USC goes up against Notre Dame.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Agreed. Great for the game.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CFB is much better when Notre Dame & Miami are good. Love 'em or hate 'em, I think we're all ready for both schools to finally rebound and get back into title contention. I think this is a great start.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CFB is much better when Notre Dame & Miami are good. Love 'em or hate 'em, I think we're all ready for both schools to finally rebound and get back into title contention. I think this is a great start.
Yupp. It's about time these historic programs stop letting these tiny non-BCS school's show em up.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hopefully both of them continue this rise that they are on before it happens. If it's crappy ND vs crappy Miami then I don't think anyone would really care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%