IMPORTANT: Question Regarding The Whole Forum

Should We Merge With Center Stage Sports?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No.

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not big on the idea but I knew it was just a matter of time before something like this was brought up, I have noticed a big change here and it has been a concern of mine for awhile. I don't think it's anything we just need to jump into, I think we need to take some time to think things over, how we could possibly improve this forum. I hate switching, just because I've always loved this place and the guys here. It's like starting all over again, even if the post counts carry over and such, it still won't be the same. I think for now, we need to mainly focus on what we can do to improve this forum, I don't want it getting shut down, but switching is a last resort kind of thing. We haven't done anything ourselves to improve this place as a staff in quite some time, Just seems like everyone is wrapped up with life now, whether that be work, school, etc. I think we need to do a better job, but I'm not sure what to try. Need to think things over before jumping, no reason to just jump into something.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Still, it'd be nice to have the uploader on site. Like there still is Picture Push, but its a hassle to go to another site when the uploader is RIGHT THERE at the top of the page

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Im not sure if I'll make the move to CSS honestly. I'm not saying their community is bad, but from what I've seen so far, it's just not really my cup of tea.
And their graphics section lacks talented designers, but sports gfx is dying anyways...

And1Banners

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I'm the other owner over there at CSS.
Obviously I'm head over heels for this idea. I think you guys have one of the best if not the best graphics communities on the internet. Your cut gallery is widely known and used by anyone who makes sigs and walls. Also you guys are probably the most loyal members I have ever came across. Honestly, it would be an honor to have you merge with CSS.
Quick story: I started making sigs because of Pugz. I began here almost 5 years ago when I first started making graphics and now I am sig # 378 all time. Didn't get much better but that is another story. The point is you guys would mold well with any community, your just like us in that your welcoming, have a good sense of humor but also give good advice to fellow members. I truly believe someone with the worst attiutde can come here and you guys will change his mindset completely and show him a good time around the forum. And that is one of the key things a forum community must be like in my opinion. We are definitely on the chill side like here with no extreme rules and we also have a great community of over 100 members active every 24 hours. Sam (bosox) might be right about a few newbs that post around the boards every now and then but it is a 'friendly place' and I look at that as the number one reason to join a forum. Also bosox goes from site to site critizing other peoples sigs like he is the king but really he has a major stick shoved up his ass...lol jk bud.
The CSS community will welcome you with open arms and thats a guarantee. Our staff is completely aware of this and willing to help wherever needed to make the change as painless as possible. Pugz is right in that you need more activity and I think CSS couldn't be a better choice. You will get more CNC on your creations over at CSS with alot more praise on your sigs as you all over here are very skilled. IPB board could be a very probable outcome if that is what you guys would rather have since you are already accustomed to it. To be honest, I could care less along with me and the rest of the CSS staff as long as every thing is working properly of course. I'm positive you will all be suprised by the activity on CSS and will want to come back and login as much as possible as it can get quite addicting. Our sports sections are also very active and will further educate yourself on current sporting events on your favorite teams as I'm sure many of you will give your input about what you think about said topic.
In conclusion I'm not just saying this is a good idea cause we will get a few more extra members and increase our activity. That is far from what I am trying to get across. I can honestly swear to everyone here if you give CSS an actual chance without have biased opinions about it..the site will grow on you and you will settle in to your new home.

For those of you who do not know, my name is Adam and again like Dave mentioned, please do not hesitate to ask any questions about anything, either here, CSS or my AIM - adamsv7
Thanks for your time guys and either way merge or no merge I look foward to chatting with you in the future.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
You could be the GFX mod if you want Falcons

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Adam, have you looked into getting an image uploader?

And1Banners

Reaction score
Adam, have you looked into getting an image uploader?
Yes I have, that would be beneficial in alot of ways. I think I know how too for Vbulletin just never got around too it. You guys would have to help me out installing one if we switched to IPB.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Which version of vB do you have? I remember the version PSD used prior to their most recent update, their image uploader raped the quality of any image. Every picture uploaded looked like minimum setting jpegs.

Also, speaking of the cut gallery, what would happen to it?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
PSD has an image uploader... lolwat never knew that

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, it's not technically an uploader, but when you upload your signature directly from your computer, it uploads on PSD's server. Those images are shit. A while back, they had a "gallery," where you could upload your images, and they were also terrible quality.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It'd be tough for me to say yes to this one due to the connection that would be lost with some members switching over and that it just wouldn't be the same. SI has ben the only forum I've posted on for the past couple years otherwise I'd probably not be on forums anymore.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I'm the other owner over there at CSS.
Obviously I'm head over heels for this idea. I think you guys have one of the best if not the best graphics communities on the internet. Your cut gallery is widely known and used by anyone who makes sigs and walls. Also you guys are probably the most loyal members I have ever came across. Honestly, it would be an honor to have you merge with CSS.
Quick story: I started making sigs because of Pugz. I began here almost 5 years ago when I first started making graphics and now I am sig # 378 all time. Didn't get much better but that is another story. The point is you guys would mold well with any community, your just like us in that your welcoming, have a good sense of humor but also give good advice to fellow members. I truly believe someone with the worst attiutde can come here and you guys will change his mindset completely and show him a good time around the forum. And that is one of the key things a forum community must be like in my opinion. We are definitely on the chill side like here with no extreme rules and we also have a great community of over 100 members active every 24 hours. Sam (bosox) might be right about a few newbs that post around the boards every now and then but it is a 'friendly place' and I look at that as the number one reason to join a forum. Also bosox goes from site to site critizing other peoples sigs like he is the king but really he has a major stick shoved up his ass...lol jk bud.
The CSS community will welcome you with open arms and thats a guarantee. Our staff is completely aware of this and willing to help wherever needed to make the change as painless as possible. Pugz is right in that you need more activity and I think CSS couldn't be a better choice. You will get more CNC on your creations over at CSS with alot more praise on your sigs as you all over here are very skilled. IPB board could be a very probable outcome if that is what you guys would rather have since you are already accustomed to it. To be honest, I could care less along with me and the rest of the CSS staff as long as every thing is working properly of course. I'm positive you will all be suprised by the activity on CSS and will want to come back and login as much as possible as it can get quite addicting. Our sports sections are also very active and will further educate yourself on current sporting events on your favorite teams as I'm sure many of you will give your input about what you think about said topic.
In conclusion I'm not just saying this is a good idea cause we will get a few more extra members and increase our activity. That is far from what I am trying to get across. I can honestly swear to everyone here if you give CSS an actual chance without have biased opinions about it..the site will grow on you and you will settle in to your new home.

For those of you who do not know, my name is Adam and again like Dave mentioned, please do not hesitate to ask any questions about anything, either here, CSS or my AIM - adamsv7
Thanks for your time guys and either way merge or no merge I look foward to chatting with you in the future.
well this guy has my wife in his sig so im somewhat ok with this now

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
bosox just use tinypic, for things that arent too large in resolution everything stays the same quality and whatnot. if you have anything too large it just makes it smaller but keeps the quality.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd welcome it. Whether we want to admit it or not, SI is going to die out sooner rather than later.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosox just use tinypic, for things that arent too large in resolution everything stays the same quality and whatnot. if you have anything too large it just makes it smaller but keeps the quality.
Tinypic is awful

Picture push is far better and it's not close

I just like having one on site.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Id check it out, give it a try for a while.

If Its as bad as some make sound to be, It was good getting to know you fools.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of it. I guess I'm with Dez, I'd at least give it a trial run over there. Might not stick.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Ah the classic "do you pull the plug" dilemma.

videofreak8

Melted
Reaction score
Bosox, you aren't one of the more liked members on CSS, stop tooting your own horn, you have no idea what is going on, or who is doing what, so would you please stop pretty much telling everyone what's happening? Thanks

Also, to clear up, we have been promised by our owner that we will not be switching to IPB. I don't want you guys to get there, and then find out you had been lied to. We want you there, we really do, we don't want to see such a great site die. SI has so much history, and it would be terrible to watch it slowly die. We would welcome you with open arms, and it won't be like all of you are the new guys, you will have more posts then most people there.

I really hope you guys merge, it would help all of us greatly, and if you've ever had any bad history with CSS, you will have a clean slate. Please consider this fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%