Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/831536258824429568

UNLEASH TROSS

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
another wing for orlando. whatever. solid deal since they had no leverage. good for toronto, until serge gets a huge extension. but this is solid for both sides.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Really good trade for Toronto and makes them a lot tougher out East. They've clearly been missing Bismack.

aussietin

Reaction score
didn't really see this in play at all. always thought millsap was going to be the only realistic target they could go after.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Interesting package here. Knew they were interested in Ibaka, didn't think they'd move this pkg tho

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
aussietin said:
Also, not quite sure what the magic are doing...
Ibaka is a UFA

I have no idea why they traded Sabonis for him this offseason, but it made sense to dump him for value now

aussietin

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Ibaka is a UFA

I have no idea why they traded Sabonis for him this offseason, but it made sense to dump him for value now
Why is Sabonis the first person that comes to your mind when you think about who he was traded for this offseason? haha

aussietin

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Ibaka is a UFA

Also, 'not knowing what they are doing' began in the offseason

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
because Oladipo was an impending FA for Orlando, and I'd much rather trade someone who is getting $21M/yr (he's worth half that) than a cost controlled 11th overall pick

Magic were (hopefully) gonna let Oladipo walk anyways. They just traded #11 for Terrence Ross and like #23

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right?

Ilyasova was the center piece of that trade.

aussietin

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
because Oladipo was an impending FA for Orlando, and I'd much rather trade someone who is getting $21M/yr (he's worth half that) than a cost controlled 11th overall pick

Magic were (hopefully) gonna let Oladipo walk anyways. They just traded #11 for Terrence Ross and like #23
Fair enough.

I don't think they should have run away from paying Dipo though. Sure, never signing B tier talent to big deals and turning them constantly into picks is nice, because you can wait to really get that star, but you're forgoing years of winning to get that. Granted, it's not what happened, since they must have thought Ibaka would help them win and he hasn't. Still, I think it's unfair to portray it as only #11 for Ross and 23~. They still did lose a piece that would have been useful to get them towards the playoff picture. Not sure if I'm describing my thoughts very eloquently though...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Ibaka is a UFA

To be fair, I think they drafted Sabonis for the thunder with the deal already in place.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I shitted on him a lot last year, but I hope tross gets a lot of touches in Orlando. He's really fun when he's on his game. Thank goodness the raps got another rim protecter though.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would a liked to see Milsap in Toronto.. felt like he fit them so well..

If ibaka can get back to his old self.. stay away from too many three's and actually protect the rim .. great move

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
dez said:
Would a liked to see Milsap in Toronto.. felt like he fit them so well..

If ibaka can get back to his old self.. stay away from too many three's and actually protect the rim .. great move
No way Atlanta would have given up Millsap for this little though

I'd rather have Ibaka and keep Powell and CoJo/PatPat if I were the Raps

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is a pretty nice trade for Orlando

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Was not wanting to get rid of Ross he's playing great this season in his role but this makes us a better team.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Plus Norm gets more minutes which is past due. This should help our defensive struggles too a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%