I hate the NBA today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

werebarret

Reaction score
The whole damn show just pisses me off.

I can't be the only one who hates it that all the players are friends. I can't be the only person that thinks it's retarded when I see opponents laughing and joking with each other in the middle of a damn playoff game. Seriously, when did everyone become so buddy-buddy? All I hear, all the damn time, is how all the superstars are all best friends, about how LeBron, D-Wade, and Bosh are best buddies? I half expected the Lakers and the Celtics to congratulate each other at half time about how great they'd played so far

I want some intensity. I want some hatred. I want there to be real animosity between opposing players. I want Magic-Bird from the 80s. Wasn't around to personally see it, but my grandpa's got about every Celtics-Lakers game taped, and Jesus Christ, they just oozed hatred the whole game. They wanted to beat each other down. Bulls-Knicks, Knicks-Heat, and Knicks-Pacers from the 90s. Spike Lee taunting Reggie Miller, and Reggie draining three pointer after three pointer. I want the Bad Boys in Detroit hating Michael Jordan's <Censored>ing guts. I want Isiah Thomas "freezing out" Jordan in the All-Star game his rookie year. I want brawls, fights. Much more bumping and rubbing on the court, a helluva lot more physical play. We need more shoving and trash-talking, more genuine dislike between players.

I blame David Stern and the politically correct bull<Censored> that's seeping through our culture. It's hard for any true rivalries to develop when you get a technical foul called for looking at someone the wrong way. Difficult when Stern's pushing his "NBA Cares" bullcrap to the world to try and sell a good, clean league. I want Dennis Rodman back. I want Rasheed Wallace in his technical prime, where he'd get ejected every other game.

I don't want outright thuggery, or vicious, disgusting behavior, but, c'mon. Could we have a little less friendship/ego stroking/ cock sucking going on during the games?

End rant, lol

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah I completely agree, you see some of it in the playoffs but not enough.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would agree with you 100000%, if the future of my favorite team didn't solely rely on this summer.

VC15

Reaction score
I would agree with you 100000%, if the future of my favorite team didn't solely rely on this summer.
+1. The NBA was a huge turn off for me this season, outside of my Nets.

Pujolsrules22

Reaction score
I completely agree. You see it a bit more with the older players, (ie. KG,Ron Artest) but all of the younger players you see 0.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't blame Bosh, Wade, and Lebron for being so friendly towards each other. They've been teammates before and they came into the draft together. They're humans first, then professional athletes.

And not to mention they're <Censored> buddies now...

werebarret

Reaction score
I don't blame Bosh, Wade, and Lebron for being so friendly towards each other. They've been teammates before and they came into the draft together. They're humans first, then professional athletes.

And not to mention they're <Censored> buddies now...
They can be best friends off the court. It's the on-court "respect" that pisses me off. You're going up against the 12 guys in the opposite colored jerseys. You don't need to be getting buddy-buddy with them during the 48 minutes of the game.

Magic and Bird were buds off court. Same with Bill Russel and Wilt Chamberlain.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only way to take down the Lakers...all the All-Star free agents need to combine powers.

You can blame the "Redeem Team" for a lot of the comradeship too. I do agree with Werebarret though, the NBA kinda sucks with the E.L.E mentality.

werebarret

Reaction score
The only way to take down the Lakers...all the All-Star free agents need to combine powers.

You can blame the "Redeem Team" for a lot of the comradeship too. I do agree with Werebarret though, the NBA kinda sucks with the E.L.E mentality.
Cuban's going to get LeBron and CP3 to come to Dallas. And they will win 75 games and the title. Just you wait.

>________>

Maybe some stud will come into the league who's just a complete asshole. I'd love that <_<

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another thing that has really killed the animosity and hatred between teams is the AAU circle. These kids establish friendships with each other around the age of 14 and stay close friends throughout. Back in bird and magic days there was no AAU. So they didnt develop those friendships early like a CP3 and a LBJ.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another thing that has really killed the animosity and hatred between teams is the AAU circle. These kids establish friendships with each other around the age of 14 and stay close friends throughout. Back in bird and magic days there was no AAU. So they didnt develop those friendships early like a CP3 and a LBJ.
Good point TYO. AAU is so big, all across the nation, that recruiters don't even talk to as many High School coaches as they used to. It all starts with AAU.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
did you like the Finals barret (nice seeing you btw)

no love lost there
last years WCF too. Those Nuggets straight up HATE the Lakers

werebarret

Reaction score
did you like the Finals barret (nice seeing you btw)

no love lost there
last years WCF too. Those Nuggets straight up HATE the Lakers
I don't think either of those compare to, say, Knicks-Pacers in the mid 90s. Clash of cultures there, you had Reggie Miller talking smack the whole game, going at it with John Stark. Frontcourt tandem of Oakley and Ewing looking like a couple of badasses, etc. I don't think you can compare Nuggets/Lakers with that.

The only players that have the old style intensity that I'd love to see more of are Kobe, KG, maybe Artest, maybe Shaq. I love watching Kobe go balls out, every time down the court. I love it when I can see KG talking <Censored> the whole damn game. It's great to see Artest playing tight-as-<Censored> defense.

I wish teh game was more physical. I'd love to loosen things up more, maybe quit enforcing the hand-check rule, maybe getting rid of the defensive 3 seconds. IMO, slugfests where players are

This new generation of stars is just boring to me. I don't want LeBron to congratulate Wade after they go head-to-head, I want him to give him a wedgie, take his lunch money, spit in his face, and tell him to <Censored> off and die until next time. I understand why this has been discouraged, both by the stupid commissioner and the <Censored>-ass society we're growing up in

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i know i know and i agree with you 100%

man those Knicks were killer
Oak would rip off the oppositions heads
Anthony Mason was mean as hell
John Starks had the mean streak in him

i wish the game was more physical as well
did you see game 7 of this years Finals?
refs actually let them play and it was great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%