Houston Offer Clowney, 1st for Miami's Laremy Tunsil

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Houston Texans have offered the Miami Dolphins star pass-rusher Jadeveon Clowney and a first-round pick in their continued pursuit of left tackle Laremy Tunsil, Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald reports, citing sources.

Houston's offer has yet to entice the Dolphins, however, as Jackson adds Miami wants another high draft pick included in the deal.

... Miami evidently has a high price tag on its former first-round selection, though, and it appears any decision to move Tunsil could result in some issues in the locker room. A report from Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald indicated Tuesday that Dolphins players would "legit revolt" if Tunsil was traded for Clowney, with a source adding "the backlash would be amazing."
Interesting offer. I'm surprised Miami wants another pick. Thoughts?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I’m surprised both teams do this tbh

I get wanting Jadaveon but he’s a 1 year deal that could walk the next year. It’s a punt on the season by giving up Tunsil, whos very well liked in that locker room.

Houston’s also giving up a lot for an OT that i’d label as solid but not necessarily a future All Pro

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Agreed, and the thing is he would need to sign the franchise tender before a trade anyway - so I wonder if he holds any leverage on where he can go, if it's a team he'd be willing to sign with long term and can reach an agreement on.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Tunsils the guy who dropped on draft day because of the smoking pot through a gas mask leak right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%