Holmes to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In about an hour from now (1:30 pm est), the Kansas City Cheifs are holding a press conference where running back, Priest Holmes, is expected to announce his retirement. After returning to the field last month, following about 2 years of inactivity, Holmes re-injured his kneck during last week's Chiefs loss to the Colts.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.COM that after about the third hit he took in Sunday's game, Holmes felt something wasn't right. "Maybe this is God's way of telling me this is it", he said to himself. Aparently, Chiefs Coach Herman Edwards asked Holmes if he would be able to re-enter the game at one point, at which he hesitated. Edwards says that he knew something wasn't right with Priest either.

Holmes originally suffered severe head and neck trauma during a game versus San Diego in October of 2005. Doctors knew back then that the injury was career-threatening and 2 years later, it seems that is turned out to be pretty close to career-ending.

Holmes' is currently in his 11th NFL season & has rushed for 8,172 yards and 86 touchdowns in 106 career starts. - Mysterio

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
No, he's on my fantasy team!!!

Dam, it was bound to happen. He had the chance to be one of the best but dam shawne merriman!

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LMFAO! Carl Petterson = dumb turtle

Kolby Smith at running back.... Great

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ya i just picked him up in my fantasy league...

i wonder if shawne merriman never did steroids, do ya think Priest's injury would have happened?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This sucks.
He was one of my favorite backs.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Priest's injury wasn't really a cheap shot, just a freak thing. Can't blame Merriman for doing his job...hell, Priest is lucky, just ask Dennis Byrd.

I have missed Priest the past couple seasons and I will miss him on the field for good now. He was amazing to watch play, a true show-stopper on the field and a true gentlemen off the field.

His father is a combat vet, served in Iraq, great inspiration. Very nice family, good story.

The NFL lost one of the true "Good guys" today. Let's hope he doesn't take too long getting an analyst gig.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man that's sad news. I really like Holmes. He could of been something really great. But everything happens for a reason. And yes, I hope he gets an commentary job, something along the lines of that.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Time to pick up Kolby Smith in the fantasy league...too bad I waited too long. (Only if your RBs already are crap)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was one of the good guys in the NFL and will be missed I hope he gets a commentary gig soon.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
yeah i liked him a lot too, but i guess everyone has a time where they need to stop :/

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol
at his press conference, one of his kids fell asleep
they had to go wake him up.
pretty funny

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dag, well I guess L.J will get to shine even more now

bulls12

Reaction score
well he might as well retire even though the Chiefs are almost desperate now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%