Hinrich out up to 12 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chicago Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich was examined on Saturday by Dr. John Fernandez, and Bulls team physician, Dr. Brian Cole, both of Rush University Medical Center. The results of that exam confirmed the earlier MRI which showed a torn ulnar collateral ligament of his right thumb. The injury will require surgery, which will be performed on Tuesday, Nov. 11 at Rush.

Hinrich may be out as long as 12 weeks following his surgery. The injury occurred in the third quarter of Friday's Bulls win over Phoenix. On the year, Hinrich has appeared in six games and averaged 8.3 ppg, 4.0 apg, 1.8 rpg and 1.33 spg in 24.5 mpg.

In his sixth season with the Bulls, Hinrich has appeared in 389 regular season games with the Bulls, and missed just 21 games during that span. Chicago’s first round pick (seventh overall) in NBA Draft 2003, he owns career averages of 14.3 ppg, 6.3 apg, 3.5 rpg, 1.30 spg and 35.0 mpg.
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/injury_report.html

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ouch. this sucks
he was playing well as a 6 man
After Rose and Hinrich, they dont have a true PG. I guess Thabo is gonna have to take over for a while. i dont think thats a problem, he could run the point

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hughes needs to get back ASAP, that way Rose and him can start and Gordon can go back to dominating off the bench. Thabo shouldn't see the floor.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Sucks for the Bulls... good for my fantasy basketball league. Dude I'm matched up against next week has Hinrich, Manu, Oden, Redd, and Deron Williams...... all injured.

Dr Aj

Reaction score
Doesn't really suck for the Bulls. It gives more playing time to their already crowded guard lineup.

Ben Gordon is going to be seeing a lot more time, maybe even starting. Derrick Rose is going to dominate.

All in all, i think it is a good thing for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%