Hi, I'm the Commissioner. AMA.

ajd_tbh

Reaction score
What teams do you think are trending in the right direction? Which ones are going the wrong way?

What are some underutilized strategies/players/etc. that you think are undervalued in this league?

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who should I trade and for whom?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Is Kunze a legit starter after a camp or do I let DSJ cook?
I've told you time and time again that I don't think DSJ is a viable long term solution at point guard. I think Kunze has good ratings at the moment, but one training camp can change everything. I also wouldn't rule out Tyus being the best one on your roster.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Players’ position on the index

What does it mean? as in, is that the best player at that position? Best fit for your team at that position?
It's definitely not best fit for your team. I'd think of it similar to 2K's "overall rating", but with the caveat that we have absolutely no idea how it's actually calculated. What FBB values in a player and what you value in a player is probably completely different. On top of that, I've seen CPU DC's start players who are lower in the index over players ahead of them. Look at it as a general guideline, but use your own GMing skills to build from there.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Should I move Luka to PG?

More broadly, how does moving players between positions affect them, if at all?

Will you forgive me for maxing Lauri?
Luka's turnovers at point guard would worry me, but some people value taking care of the ball more than others. Given that he could still play PG/SG/SF if you changed his natural position to SG, it might be worth it to pay just so you can have the option.

Moving players between positions, from a ratings perspective, only changes their defense as far as I'm concerned. Not that their individual ratings change; but the way they're judged at that position is. For example, a guy could have 90 post defense and 10 perimeter defense. He'd be rated very highly defensively as a center, but very low as a point guard. Another thing to consider is the volume that comes at a given position. As far as outside positions go, I believe volume tends to lean towards PG's, then SG's, with SF's getting the short end. Obviously your players' ratings and depth chart settings can change this. There's a good article about what positions value inside and outside more, I'd suggest giving it a look.

No.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you think it’s possible for Rookies to be vital
Parts of a playoff team?

tyfreak

Members
Reaction score
I know it's a lot of extra work, but it would be cool if we had a separate file for G-League. Fill it up with a bunch of Undrafted FA's and FA's just sitting around. Whoever performs best on a week to week basis gets the extra boost instead of random.

Or even a Summer league. where all first two-three year players are allowed to perform, filled with undrafted FA's and bums. The idea behind these is just giving new players opportunities. Summer League could be like the Midseason tournament, just done before season starts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%