Henrik Zetterberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Code:
[url="http://www.sportzin.com/forums/uploads/U359-1205840105.png"][img]http://www.sportzin.com/forums/uploads/U359-1205840135.png[/img][/url]

newsteenfan

Reaction score
I have a question. What is your technique for hair? You seem to be real good at it.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have a question. What is your technique for hair? You seem to be real good at it.
Well in this cut, I didn't add anything to the hair. I just cut it like it was in the picture lol. Usually though I'll add a new layer, zoom in, and add hair like pencil tool to the hair and then blur it to make it look better. But I didn't do it here.

newsteenfan

Reaction score
Yeah, thought so. I've been experimenting wtih a 1px hard brush and smudging/blurring. Pretty tedious when you're cutting out models though. :p

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, thought so. I've been experimenting wtih a 1px hard brush and smudging/blurring. Pretty tedious when you're cutting out models though. :p
IDK what a hard brush is lol. And models have so much hair. That technique will come in handy.

newsteenfan

Reaction score
Do you have a tablet? I have a Wacom so often with models i'll do filter > extract and then blend the edges in to make them less..uh, yucky. Works but I can only do it with a tablet.

Using channels is another way but I haven't figured it out yet.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you have a tablet? I have a Wacom so often with models i'll do filter > extract and then blend the edges in to make them less..uh, yucky. Works but I can only do it with a tablet.

Using channels is another way but I haven't figured it out yet.
Nope I dont have a tablet...and IDK what channels do. I've done 300+ cuts and I've never used/heard of alot of things lol

newsteenfan

Reaction score
Channels supposedly work well with hair. Channels tab, click the different channels to find the most contrast, calculation and a levels adjustment to make it as dark as possible and use the burn and dodge tool (on overlay) to erase the background.

It basically takes the player/model and makes it black, and takes the background and makes it white. And with the dodge being on overlay, it doesn't erase the black. But like I said, I can't get it right even though I've seen videos.

The most frustrating part of photoshop for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%