Haslem Out; Heat Sign Damp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heat forward Udonis Haslem might miss the remainder of the season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left foot.

Haslem suffered the injury on Saturday and underwent the surgery on Tuesday.

He ruptured the Lisfranc ligament in his foot, which connects arch bones to the ones leading to his toes. Haslem's recovery could take more than four months.

With Udonis Haslem possibly out for the rest of the season, the Heat signed Dampier to a veteran-minimum contract on Tuesday.

The Heat waived the non-guaranteed contract of Jerry Stackhouse in order to make room on the roster for Dampier.

The Heat is off to a disappointing 8-6 start. A lack of size in Miami's frontcourt has so far proven to be one of the team's most glaring weaknesses.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Obvious decision is obvious.

I think it says alot about the state of the team though when Erik Dampier is a potential saviour.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good signing, but they will need a lot more than just Damp.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dampier just signed his death wish.. Dan Gilbert on the prowl, expect a broken arm for Damp.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Obvious decision is obvious.

I think it says alot about the state of the team though when Erik Dampier is a potential saviour.
LOL my thoughts exactly. Dampier can be a starting center, a serviceable guy, but when he's one of those guys you think you can count on to boost your team a little... a lot of problems.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good move. Sad part is Stack got waived :(

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good move. Sad part is Stack got waived :(
Rip, how do you feel about everything going on in MIA? I just remember in the summer you were saying they were title contenders on automatic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%