Happy Holidays SI & welcome version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Happy Holidays Sportz Insomnia...

As a Christmas gift to you, we have decided to launch version 2.0 of the site.

We're looking forward to bringing the site to a new level with several new and exciting changes to the board.

1. [*]2 new skins. Retro designed by nba_balla (this is also our new default) and Black by Marcum28
    [*]new staff --- please, welcome our new Global Moderators: RipCity32 and Baggino. our new Basketball mod: MapleLeaf. our new Football mod: AE. our new Baseball mod: Yankees2772. and our returning Other Sports Mod: playmaker7
    [*]New Team Talk threads - though debatable, these clickable logos on the home forum page allow our members to show support and post news of their favorite teams in all sports
    [*]NFL Sim Update: jarrod2323 will be taking over duties as Commish of the league. He will begin entering rosters into either Football Mougl 08 (just released) or Madden this week. He hopes to have all rosters completed by next week and start the league up.
    [*]Image Uploader mod has been obtained and will be uploaded for use very soon
    [*]We now have an offical Cut Crew with vikesfan as the leader. the team consists of vikesfan, jarrod2323, playmaker7, bballa4lyfe, Showoff, and .mexicool213.
Lastly, I will be giving away on the Site's Anniversary in January a copy of Adobe Creative Suite 3 - Master Collection to one lucky winner. The software includes the following:
Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional
Adobe After Effects CS3 Professional
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
Adobe Encore CS3
Adobe Flash CS3 Professional
Adobe Illustrator CS3
Adobe InDesign CS3
Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3
Adobe Soundbooth CS3
Adobe OnLocation CS3 (Windows Only)
Adobe Ultra CS3 (Windows Only)
Adobe Bridge CS3
Adobe Device Central CS3
Adobe Stock Photos
Adobe Version Cue CS3​
This is a $2500 program and the winner will be selected and announced at the Board Awards in January.

Once again, I would like to thank all those that frequent the site and find Sportz Insomnia their home away from home on the net.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays,

jarrod2323, Kraig, BKS, Big Bid'Ness,and bronco92 - your SI Admins

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Happy Holidays to you too Jarrod and the rest of SI, thanks for the gifts, lol

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and it begins.....

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Retro is TIGHT!

Thank you so much for the NBA mod spot. Thanks for the people who voted for me, and thanks to the admins for believing in me. I won't let you down.

And Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all got what you wanted :)

My dog saw Santa and barked at 3:02 AM

But also, I still don't have my mod abilities for the NBA TEAM sections

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Both of the new skins are tight. Very nice work balla & Marcum. All the work that has been put into SI v2.0 has been phenomenal. I look forward to an even better 2008. Happy Holidays everyone.

SI Article Team Captain & proud new NFL Mod, -AE

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks for making me G-Mod guys..

The skins are great, like AE said, kudos to balla and marcum.

.loggie

Reaction score
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! ^_^ So far the best Christmas ever. I got XBox 360 with a silver membership and I got Madden 08 so I'll have to beat some people online. Haha enjoy your holiday everyone I'll be on tomorrow.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks for all your hard work, admins. Happy Hollidays!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Happy Holidays to the SI staff. Time to get V2 off to a good start.

_roboy

Reaction score
Dayum lol.. sick ass skins. Anyway Happy Holidays.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Good job Marcum and Balla on the sick skins.. Congrats on the new staff and hope the site gets bigger and better with V2.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am glad to see that my "SI Fan Roster/Line-up" idea is really taking off inside these Team Forums. What we need now to enhance the idea & further promote each individual Team Forum is user bars.

We need a GFX guy to design some user bars for our team, position, and number. I would wear something like:

"Minnesota Vikings Middle Linebacker, AE #55"
OR
"Philadelphia 76ers Center, AE #55"

Anybody agree? Any SI GFX gurus up for this?

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Glad to see you are taking over the NFL sim league J. Do you know which program you are using yet? I'm I see a mod for the league or whatever?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Post a request for the User Bars in the GFX Request Thread -- lots of them do not have anything to do right now, so some should jump at the chance

Granderson - not sure yet. I DL'd the demo for Mogul, but it is more difficult to edit players, so I might stick with Madden. I will probably start later this week on inputing rosters

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Post a request for the User Bars in the GFX Request Thread -- lots of them do not have anything to do right now, so some should jump at the chance

Granderson - not sure yet. I DL'd the demo for Mogul, but it is more difficult to edit players, so I might stick with Madden. I will probably start later this week on inputing rosters
You've mentioned before that if you run the Madden League then AFF is gonna have to run the Mogul league, but since he's having access troubles, what will happen to the Mogul league?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I will be doing both - my cuts will be effected, however

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%