Grizzlies lock up Mike Conley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Memphis Grizzlies signed point guard Mike Conley to a contract extension late Monday night, according to his agent and father, Mike Conley Sr.

Mike Conley Jr.

Conley Sr., who along with Bill Duffy represents his son, would not specify the terms of the contract. But other sources with knowledge of the situation said the deal is worth $45 million over five years.

The Grizzlies' decision to lock up Conley as their point guard of the future was sparked by his excellent play in the preseason and over the regular season's first three games.

Conley, the fourth pick of the 2007 draft, has averaged 15 points, 8.3 assists and a league-high 3.67 steals in leading Memphis to a 2-1 start.
5 years and $45million LOL this is just so funny to me. I don't know why some people are still even high on Conley. I know lots of Grizzlies fans that are mad right now because how do they expect to even attempt to resign or retain Gasol and Mayo now? Two players that are easily that much better and more valuable than Conley. Conley, he who can't dribble. 45 million to a point guard that can't dribble and is just an average passer. Too funny. Way too funny.

They decided to lock up Conley over Mayo & Gasol. Giving Gay a lot of money makes sense, giving the what.. 4th or 5th best player on the team this kind of deal? This is Isiah-esque lmao

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ROFL

Tony Parker signed for $50M
:rotfl:

but seriously, wtf?
his career averages are 11/4

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seriously. He's not even a top 20 PG in the league right now LOL
Oh geez. I think this is worse than Isiah. Worse than David Kahn. Worse than Sterling. At least the Clippers paid Baron Davis when he was still a household name. Conley... what is Conley? hahahahaha

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i like conley (still dont know why they drafted him so high) but this is a horrible contract right now

i dont even think he has the potential to be worth this. he's a solid PG, not an above average PG

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He could be a very good PG but he plays with OJ Mayo and Rudy Gay and never has the ball..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bad deal..they have 120 million tied up to Mike Conley and Rudy Gay...

Please Leave Memphis OJ and Shady

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Conley has been doing dang good this season. He deserves it.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Conley has been doing dang good this season. He deserves it.
He deserves 40 million off 3 games...lets be realistic here.

It's a reason most people are laughing at this contract. It's damn near Joe Johnson bad.

Tony Parker just got a 50 million dollar contract. There's way more than a 5 million difference in those 2 people.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Conley has all the tools necessary to be a very good PG like I have stated before.. He just doesn't get enough of an oppurtunity because he plays with a bunch of guys who control the ball and need the ball and he isn't a top priority. It's puzzling as to why the Grizzlies would give him this deal, but I think he could earn it elsewhere.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'll get the shot to prove his worth with this new deal. I think this signals OJ wont be there too much longer.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he continues to play the way he has been, then yes. Sure they might of jumped the gun, but they are around him more than we are. They probably have good feeling that he will keep this going. I also think they will find a way to keep Mayo and Gasol.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he continues to play the way he has been, then yes. Sure they might of jumped the gun, but they are around him more than we are. They probably have good feeling that he will keep this going. I also think they will find a way to keep Mayo and Gasol.
OJ's leaving...I couldnt imagine him sticking around. He wants to be a PG. And when you hand a contract out like this to Mike Conley of all people. I think it means he'll never get the shot he wants.

I hate this deal so much because in a few years when we extend Jrue. He'll be thinking well Mike Conley got 40 million..I know I can at least get 50 mill or so.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Mayo wants to be a pg, thats his bad. He is a sg. He doesn't have the playmaking ability to be a pg yet.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He deserves 40 million off 3 games...lets be realistic here.

It's a reason most people are laughing at this contract. It's damn near Joe Johnson bad.

Tony Parker just got a 50 million dollar contract. There's way more than a 5 million difference in those 2 people.
Joe Johnson bad? Joe Johnson is a franchise player last I checked..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Welp, dude got paid lmao.

And I'd take OJ as a PG any day in Detroit lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Welp, dude got paid lmao.

And I'd take OJ as a PG any day in Detroit lol.
agreed. mayo can play pg and still be an effective player.

this contract is way too funny. its been stated, he doesnt deserve this at all. i dont wanna here how good he can be if he didnt have mayo or gay since hed get the ball more. theyre on his team so deal with it, he hasnt proved to be worth that much.

got damn, id say bye to mayo.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OJ Mayo is way too selfish to play PG....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%