Goodell: NFL Doesn't Need 4 Preseason Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN - NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says that the league doesn't need four preseason games anymore, but that offseason workouts should be changed.

"It's clear the fans don't want four preseason games," Goodell said Thursday. "It's clear the players don't want four preseason games. They tell me that all the time. You ask them that question and they'll tell you. And we really don't need it to make the game better. So we have to evolve just as we did a couple of decades ago when we went from six preseason games to four."

NFL and union officials discussed adding two games to the regular season when they met Wednesday for their first negotiating session since February.

Teams would still play a total of 20 games under the proposal. The league would go from four in the preseason and 16 in the regular season to two and 18.
Personally I think it's a great idea to go with 2 and 20. Pre-season is so <Censored>ing stupid lol. Just meaningless games that can cause injuries going into the regular season.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It should be 2 or 3 pre-season games, and they should cut ticket prices in half for pre-season.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I would like 2 preseason games, but with the regular season remaining the same because I feel some serious injuries would occur during those last 2 games at the end of the season.

Mooche

Reaction score
I think keeping two would be a good idea. I mean, the pre-season games are clearly more directed for the teams and FO's of the NFL. They get a chance to see their young players shine in a game situation. Not much of one, yes, but a game nonetheless. I look forward to seeing if Goodell will actually follow this movement and work to chop the number of games in half.

20hart

Reaction score
i kinda think you need 3 games. There are a decent amount of positions up for grabs and you need an adequate amount of game film to determine who fits your team better. With the toll playing football has on a players body, you never know when you will need that 3rd RB or 6th WR.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I'd cut it by one game, make it three.

However, Goodell should worry about the possible hold-out, not this <Censored>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%