Goodbye SI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulls12

Reaction score
This may or may not be a permanent goodbye, but thanks to the celebration by the Patriots and their fans of pursuing the perfect record in the NFL, I have become sick of the sports world. I am an avid hater of the New England Patriots; I hate everything about them: the coach, the fans, and the players--especially Tom Brady. As the season progressed, I almost cringed at every New England win and could not let it go, no matter who they beat. I did not want them to go undefeated, and it would ruin my day on the day of December 29th, 2007. Luckily, I was out bowling at the time the game had gone final, so I didn't watch one minute of the game. This may not scar me as much as the Buffalo Bills loss to the Dallas Cowboys in Week 5 of the season because of the fact that I did not watch any of the Patriots-Giants game, but regardless, when I heard they had scored 22 unanswered points to win the game and reach the inevitable 16-0 record, I was bummed and angry. It turned me off from the sports world, and I found this out that I couldn't even watch ESPN at all without seeing something I would never forget again: the little box at the bottom right of the screen on the ESPNEWS that displayed the "breaking news" to me. The Patriots even make me so sick of sports that I do not care to witness historical records all being broken in the same game. I don't care about who makes it to the Super Bowl, but I will state one thing: If the Patriots are booted from the playoffs by some glorious team (or any team for that matter), then I plan on making a comeback. And although I haven't been exactly the most active member of the board here on Sportz Insomnia, I will be once I come back. If I'm lucky, I will overcome this grief and come back within the next week or two. If I'm not lucky, it may be about time for the 2008 MLB Season to start by the time I return. As for my Sim League teams, I will keep them. I will check in for the leagues, and only the leagues. My choice to take a leave of absence at this time is odd and my reasons are particularly outrageous, but for now it's a goodbye-slash-see ya later.

--bulls12, on hiatus

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now that's one pissed off Patriot-hater. I guess I can relate...then again, it could be worse bulls. I certainly wouldn't give up all of my sports talk because New England is running a monopoly on the NFL.

You'll get over it once this record digests and you will be back. Go cool off brother.

This post would have made for a good Article, had it some professional structure. Good ranting though.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
here here. could be worse, you could live in in New Orleans, where they've never won any kind of championship

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Extreme would be an understatement...

but hey, we all react differently.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was this mad when the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS. I don't think I even thought about Sports for several weeks following that "hell" which became reality.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thought I was mad.....

but you'll get over it, like AE said when it settles in. I mean the Patriots arent the first team to go undefeated in the reg. season, what they did was incredible but the season isnt over...AND they might have to face a healthy Indianapolis team.

But whenevr you decide to come back, your more then welcome.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hey they still have 3 games to go...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hahaha thats funny. I hate the Pats to and i'm sick of them, but I think i'll stick around. ^_^

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate the Patriots for the same reason, but we will welcome you back when you do return. I predict a upset ;).

Later bulls12.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate them too but we will all get over it.
See ya when ya come back.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate the patriots aswell so I feel your pain but don't it out on the sports world just avoid football

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
Lol we've had some people leave for strange reasons, but this one might just take the cake..

X-Factor

LOST>ALL
Reaction score
This may or may not be a permanent goodbye, but thanks to the celebration by the Patriots and their fans of pursuing the perfect record in the NFL, I have become sick of the sports world. I am an avid hater of the New England Patriots; I hate everything about them: the coach, the fans, and the players--especially Tom Brady.
AMEN

mcwhiteboy

Reaction score
:eek: wow i didnt think that that many people on this forum hated the patriots, ive always hated the patriots because they all think that they are all that, and that tom brady acts like such a pretty boy and thinks he shouldnt be hit just like gretzky, yes i just said that, i did watch the first half and cheared everytime time the giants hit him

bulls12

Reaction score
Okay well, I missed this place, so I guess you could say I'm back. I won't be as active as I used to be until Monday when school starts back up.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's good to hear, I had the same kind of feelings when the Mavs lost in the finals 2 years ago, then got beat by the 8 seed in the playoffs. But I got over it in a week.

Good to hear you're all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%