[GFXL] Ideas for future topics

dcpwner

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
8,717
Reaction score
127
I'd be super down for landscapes and animals. I'm not entirely sure that everyone has enough design theory to do typography or shapes only and especially not a logo redesign or rebranding...but I could be wrong
 

ambivalentSoul

New Member
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
949
Reaction score
124
Most people probably wouldn't want a league to be the first time they're trying a new type of design because they feel too much is at stake. But I think that's a dumb way to look at it since life is about expanding, not winning... especially when you don't actually win anything for winning.
 

buzzy

Well-Known Member
Hall of Fame
Joined
Oct 28, 2010
Messages
20,671
Reaction score
1,172
ambivalentSoul said:
Most people probably wouldn't want a league to be the first time they're trying a new type of design because they feel too much is at stake. But I think that's a dumb way to look at it since life is about expanding, not winning... especially when you don't actually win anything for winning.
 
We're putting activity at stake here, first and foremost.
 
I'd rather have an active league with just sigs, which is hard to come by in itself, than giving more sophisticated topics and people start to bail.
 

ambivalentSoul

New Member
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
949
Reaction score
124
buzzy said:
 
We're putting activity at stake here, first and foremost.
 
I'd rather have an active league with just sigs, which is hard to come by in itself, than giving more sophisticated topics and people start to bail.
Yep. If people feel like they're investing or struggling too much to make something they're more likely to give up and lose interest.
 

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Joined
Apr 21, 2007
Messages
4,436
Reaction score
485
aite lets do at least one of the ones i said lol
 

pistonsboi

New Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Messages
761
Reaction score
97
whats good with that pornostars topic doe, shit comes up every league/tourney but never happens
 

Steez

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Messages
10,324
Reaction score
195
I like guru's ideas. Going off of the promo flyers idea, I think concert posters would be fuckin' sick.
 

ambivalentSoul

New Member
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
949
Reaction score
124
steezo said:
I like guru's ideas. Going off of the promo flyers idea, I think concert posters would be fuckin' sick.
I think the most reasonable one Guru recommended was the animal idea. Everyone here could use the same skills/techniques they've learned from sports gfx.
 

dcpwner

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
8,717
Reaction score
127
ambivalentSoul said:
I think the most reasonable one Guru recommended was the animal idea. Everyone here could use the same skills/techniques they've learned from sports gfx.
Landscapes are cool too. Basically just more intricate manips
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

  • Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

    Votes: 10 66.7%
Top