Five Pistons Engage In Player Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently they are giving him a buyout offer before the 1st. But they say it's highly unlikely he accepts.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
even if hes bought out, the bulls are signing butler. lol

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Joe Dumars released the following statement in response to a possible mutiny against head coach John Kuester.

“First of all, John Kuester has my full support as we try to make a push towards the postseason over these last 21 games. We’ve had a long and proud history of being a first class organization that handles its business the right way. We expect everyone that represents the Detroit Pistons to do so in a first class manner and that will continue as we move forward.”
SMH. We're like 6.5 games out and we have 21 games left. We need to pretty much win at least 15 of them to make the playoffs. I don't see that happening. Unless a miracle happens.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we'll miss the playoffs and end up with a mid lottery pick. yay! fuck us.

we need the sale of the team to happen and the firing process of our front office to begin.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
we'll miss the playoffs and end up with a mid lottery pick. yay! fuck us.

we need the sale of the team to happen and the firing process of our front office to begin.
EXACTLY why I am pissed. Were going to try and make the playoffs and probably miss them by a few games giving us a 10-14 range pick. Instead of not trying to make the playoffs and getting a 4-7 pick. But I guess Q and Rip made up and are now fine with each other.

AUBURN HILLS -- Detroit Pistons guard Richard Hamilton and coach John Kuester appear to be trying to put the past behind them.

Kuester worked individually with Hamilton while he took shots near the end of practice Monday afternoon. The two exchanged a fist-bump as Hamilton made his way off the court. Then both of them spoke about their relationship.
"Kue is the coach," Hamilton said. "Our relationship is better. It’s always been better. We talked. Like I said, I just think everybody is making a big deal about everything."

Hamilton and Kuester both had positive reviews about their talk.

"The conversation went very well," Kuester said. "He worked today and he did a good job."

Both Kuester and Hamilton were vague about the timing of the meeting. Hamilton repeatedly said it took place "a minute ago," a vague phrase he relies on often. Hamilton eventually said it did not take place today, and Kuester would only say it took place "recently."

Kuester was asked who initiated the discussion.

"It was a mutual agreement," he said.

Kuester said it is possible that Hamilton could return to play in a game sometime soon if he earns playing time.
"Absolutely," Kuester said. "You earn your minutes on the practice court. We had a number of guys working hard today. …

"That's all I've ever said. It's all about one thing, working together, working hard, blood, sweat and tears, you have to do things together. If you don't you're not good enough, and that's the bottom line."

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol if you believe theyre actually fine..

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Sources say Pistons will not buyout Rip Hamilton or Tay Prince. Deal with Cavs could be revisited around NBA Draft time.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My question is this, who would want to sign any of these guys after knowing they quit on not only their coach, but their team, their fans, etc etc?

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Exactly.
Stuckey didn't do that.
Billups did. So obviously Hamilton looked much better with Chauncey.

But it's not like he fell off the map, he was averaging like 18 without Chauncey still. His % just went down.
Plus he hasn't been healthy like he used to be.
Exactly why I have wanted Billups back ever since he left. Still do. Or, If Rip went anywhere, he'd most likely want to go to the Knicks to be with Chauncey. When Chauncey left it's like Rip lost a brother. Never been the same since. I wouldn't doubt that was a reason why he didn't get along with AI that well. It was like a step brother coming it to take place of that brother.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My question is this, who would want to sign any of these guys after knowing they quit on not only their coach, but their team, their fans, etc etc?
lots of teams will still want these guys.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Contenders cause they are good players lol.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Broussard just said Kuester definitely won't be back next season.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What a mess. I used to like Detroit back in the day, played my favorite brand of ball. Hard-nosed defense with that rough and tough attitude... and now they're like this. I feel for you guys lol

Keuster should be gone already. And didn't the Pistons get new ownership? Why is Dumars still in the front office? lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the damn sale still isnt final. im not even sure if they still wanna buy the team to be honest. i havent heard shit about it :(

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Broussard just said Kuester definitely won't be back next season.
That's obvious. Because if he did come back I would kill Dumars. But where did you hear that?

the damn sale still isnt final. im not even sure if they still wanna buy the team to be honest. i havent heard shit about it :(
Neither have I. The extra window they gave Gores is coming to an end in a few days I think too. So that can't be good news.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even if Dumars does for whatever reason stay, even he should have enough of a brain to know to get rid of Keuster so that's not really a worry... at least it shouldn't be :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%