Finally!

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
It appears as though the St. Louis Blues' ownership issues are close to being resolved.

In fact, SCP Worldwide's seven-month search for a major investor in the Blues could be over by the end of January.

In a nutshell, SCP Wolrdwide has been pursuing a major investor since the spring and, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch*, there could be one in place. Or a few, as it were.

Blues owner Dave Checketts told the Post-Dispatch: "Our investor group is 95 percent assembled ... now during the next few weeks, we'll work on league approvals and getting everything done and wrapped up. I said in Florida at the (NHL) Board of Governors meeting that I thought this would happen in the early part of the year, and I think that's still true."

Checketts wouldn't reveal the identities of the investors but did say that TowerBrook Capital Partners would still hold a stake in the organization, which many didn't anticipate.

A quick resolution to all of this would bring a valuable sense of focus and stability to the Blues. If all goes according to plan, Checketts will remain as the Blues' Chairman/Governor and, according to Jeremy Rutherford's twitter page, John Davidson will get a contract extension as President and Alternate Governor.
*Please check out the Post-Dispatch for excellent in-depth coverage of this story.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, did anyone out of STL know about this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%