Favre in purple for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I'm on Farve's side, sorry. I support whatever decisions he makes. I hope he does get redemption on Green Bay, it'll serve them right.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score

hes probably gonna be added in the next update along with michael vick in a couple days. i'm gonna make sure i sack his ass every time when i playing the vikings.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
imagine on the first time he comes on the field in Green Bay, I wonder what the crowd will be like.

Exactly, his legacy is ruined

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
imagine on the first time he comes on the field in Green Bay, I wonder what the crowd will be like.

Exactly, his legacy is ruined
His legacy is ruined because he's a Super Bowl Champ, 3 Time MVP, and living legend who loves the game so much he can't walk away? Gimme a break... I'm sorry they're talking about Brett Favre on SportsCenter rather than your Royals losing.

yezzir

Reaction score
His legacy is ruined because he's a Super Bowl Champ, 3 Time MVP, and living legend who loves the game so much he can't walk away? Gimme a break... I'm sorry they're talking about Brett Favre on SportsCenter rather than your Royals losing.
its not how he can't walk away thats the issue. its how he's doing it. if he couldn't walk away from the game, why'd it take this long for him to realize again? why make coaches and players wait? why put people in awkward situations like Childress and the vikings QBs are in right now?

he could've just come in during training camp when they asked him to, but he only cared about himself and what was best for him.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
+1 Barnett is already running his mouth... I just can't wait until he beats Green Bay @ Green Bay!

yezzir

Reaction score
I'm on Farve's side, sorry. I support whatever decisions he makes. I hope he does get redemption on Green Bay, it'll serve them right.
serve them right for what?? favre RETIRED and when he tried to say nevermind, i'm coming back they had the nerve to say no we already got things set for Rodgers? how'd they do anything wrong? they did the best thing for the organization and looked to the future.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
its not how he can't walk away thats the issue. its how he's doing it. if he couldn't walk away from the game, why'd it take this long for him to realize again? why make coaches and players wait? why put people in awkward situations like Childress and the vikings QBs are in right now?

he could've just come in during training camp when they asked him to, but he only cared about himself and what was best for him.
Putting the QBs in an awkward spot isn't Brett Favre's fault, that goes on the shoulders of Brad Childress who handled this whole situation poorly. He lied and said the Vikings had moved on when that wasn't true. Brett Favre is addicted to playing football on Sundays. He didn't want to go to Training Camp... was that selfish? Sure, it would've been better had he signed 3 weeks ago. Does it RUIN his legacy though? Absolutely not. Favre is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game of football, nothing will ever change that...

yezzir

Reaction score
Putting the QBs in an awkward spot isn't Brett Favre's fault, that goes on the shoulders of Brad Childress who handled this whole situation poorly. He lied and said the Vikings had moved on when that wasn't true. Brett Favre is addicted to playing football on Sundays. He didn't want to go to Training Camp... was that selfish? Sure, it would've been better had he signed 3 weeks ago. Does it RUIN his legacy though? Absolutely not. Favre is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game of football, nothing will ever change that...
i'm not saying it completely ruins his legacy, but it sure doesn't help it at all. both the vikings and favre handled it horribly, ik that. i just don't get why people are mad at green bay for handling it the right way when they had to deal with it last year. if anyone has it coming, its favre and minnesota.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He lied and said they moved on...you mean after Brett Favre said he wasn't going to play?

The problem I have is that does Favre have to draw this whole process out every time? If you say you'll play, play, if you say you won't, don't. It's pretty simple.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
The guy wants to play football. If he can't play at Green Bay I'd be finding another team too. Green Bay and their fans don't like it but that's just too fckn bad... show them you can still kick their ass for being a "old man"

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not going to be the knight and shining armor in Packers history anymore now that he has came out of retirement what 2-3 times now? Imagine if Derek Jeter joined the Red Sox for 2 years. Imagine Tyler Hansborough coaching Duke in the future. We all know his accomplishments but the fact is, he's a soap opera and 99% of us are tired of him and his antics. And you know what I mean by how ESPN is going to blow this up, I don't care about showing highlights, it's just for the next month it's gonna be Favre this and Favre that the same thing as last year when the Jets picked him up. It's like watching a bad re-run over and over.

yezzir

Reaction score
The guy wants to play football. If he can't play at Green Bay I'd be finding another team too. Green Bay and their fans don't like it but that's just too fckn bad... show them you can still kick their ass for being a "old man"
are you even reading the other posts? no one cares that he still wants to play, its more the way hes doing it every year and how he keeps changing his mind.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
are you even reading the other posts? no one cares that he still wants to play, its more the way hes doing it every year and how he keeps changing his mind.
And I'm saying anybody who doesn't like it that's too fckn bad, get over it. That's all I have to say, period.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's not going to be the knight and shining armor in Packers history anymore now that he has came out of retirement what 2-3 times now? Imagine if Derek Jeter joined the Red Sox for 2 years. Imagine Tyler Hansborough coaching Duke in the future. We all know his accomplishments but the fact is, he's a soap opera and 99% of us are tired of him and his antics. And you know what I mean by how ESPN is going to blow this up, I don't care about showing highlights, it's just for the next month it's gonna be Favre this and Favre that the same thing as last year when the Jets picked him up. It's like watching a bad re-run over and over.
Lol he wasn't acting. At that time he thought he was done. Then football season cranked up again, and he realized how much he missed the game and wanted to return.

Anyways, I understand the media might overplay this. That's not Brett Favre's fault. Nor is it Brett Farve's fault that he's going to play for Minnesota. Green Bay moved on, and so did he. He felt a little bitter about it, so he decided to go to the Vikings who wanted him badly and play the Packers twice a year.

Your analogies are full of holes. If Derek Jeter retired, and the Yankees had a highly touted SS waiting in the wings... then come spring training Jeter was ready to play again and the Yankees said no... then what's wrong with him going to the Red Sox? As much as I hate it, professional sports is also a business. Johnny Damon had no problems jumping sides in that rivalry. Your Duke/UNC rivalry is also full of holes because college basketball is a) a 1-4 year thing for all players and b) rivalries are much different.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know the Vikings, watched them for a long time & right now, this team doesn't need a 39-year old quarterback that brittle and one of the biggest gunslingers in NFL history. Is Favre going to make our receiving corps better? Watch the 2007 & 2008 Vikings and tell me how many dropped balls you see.

Tarvaris Jackson has made plenty of mistakes as a starter but the guy was chastised and then benched, following some super conservative (predictable) play-calling and not a lot of help with his receiving corps. Once Jackson got his job back, the Vikings started to roll and go figure, Darrell Bevell took over the play-calling & there were a lot less dropped balls.

This team simply needs a quarterback that is smart enough to know when to take a sack and when to simply throw the ball away. Though Tarvaris Jackson has improved, he still forces and unfortunately at the worst times. But do I think Favre will play smarter and not force plays when he shouldn't? NO!!!

Throwing up jumpballs and all that garbage makes me nervous, very nervous. Sage looked very poised with that 1st team offense last week and struck me as a guy that can be a Trent Dilfer and let the ground game & defense carry the team.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
some madden stats

Stats: Favre: 82 OVR, 93 Throw Power, Accuracy Avg 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%