Favre guilty of insider trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Excert from Jay Glazer's column at FoxSports.com:

Several sources have told FOX Sports that Favre earlier this year phoned the Detroit Lions prior to their battle versus Favre's old team, the Green Bay Packers, and gave them a rundown of the nuances of what Green Bay does on offense. According to the sources, Favre actually spent over an hour on the phone with Lions coaches, who were connected with Favre by then-team president Matt Millen.

While the Lions still lost and the Packers and Favre's replacement Aaron Rodgers played well, it's still baffling that the Packers legend would spend such a significant chunk of time giving tips to an opponent of his long-time franchise.

Other teams the Packers have played had also heard about the Favre coaching clinic with Detroit. In addition, there have been rumors that Favre has spoken to other teams giving them information, but most of those teams insist they have not heard from the famed gunslinger.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brett Favre is still making headlines in Green Bay.

One day after FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer reported that the former Packers quarterback leaked information to help the Detroit Lions beat his former team last month, Favre, the league and former teammates all voiced their opinions on the situation.

Brett Favre Jay Glazer reported Sunday that Brett Favre leaked info to the Lions ahead of their game with the Packers in September. Read the story that got the controversy started.
Brett Favre Brett Favre could have handled his departure from Green Bay like a man. Instead, Kevin Hench says he's acting like an insolent brat.

Favre spent over an hour on the phone with Lions coaches ahead of their Sept. 14 game with Green Bay, according to Glazer's sources, giving Detroit a rundown of the nuances of what the Packers do on offense.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league had no comment but stressed that Glazer's report detailed no illegal action.

"Even if it were true, there would be no violation of league rules," Aiello wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Monday morning.

Favre, traded to the New York Jets after a prolonged, ugly split with the Packers' front office this summer, was not asked about the report after the Jets' loss at Oakland on Sunday. But in a text message to an NBC reporter before the Seahawks-Buccaneers prime-time game, Favre strongly denied it.

Lions coach Rod Marinelli didn't issue a similar denial, saying only that he had no comment.

Any information Favre may have given wasn't much help. The Packers beat the Lions 48-25.

After calling the situation "disappointing" and declining further comment Sunday night, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Monday that the team wasn't seeking any recourse against Favre.

"I'm not going to do anything about it," McCarthy said. "I have no comment."
If this is true...what an @sshole.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, I hope this isnt true.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Favre denies it, but who knows after the public fiasco this summer.

kinda a crappy of him, but GB did F him over

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Interesting how quickly Favre turned heel to everyone that doesn't live in New York and isn't a Jets' fan.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Yea, I heard about this also On Friday.
Why would someone do that?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I heard about this also On Friday.
Why would someone do that?
Because somebody playing Green Bay probably called and asked.

I think we have all learned over the past decade that anybody will do anything to win at this level of sports.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Because somebody playing Green Bay probably called and asked.

I think we have all learned over the past decade that anybody will do anything to win at this level of sports.
The Man could Keep his Mouth Shut, I mean Damn is that how you do GB after all they did for you?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol telling the Lions is a waste of time anyways.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope Green Bay wins then.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont think Favre has any hatred towards Green Bay or most of the Packers organization....but I think he really has a lot of "bad blood" when it comes to TedThompson and Mike McCarthy.

I think he was offended by the fact that they didn't really want him back & then I think he was pissed off when Thompson wouldn't just trade him to wherever Favre initially wanted to go or grant him his outright release.

dust247

Reaction score
Under any and all circumstances, what Favre did was not only wrong, it was disrespectful and classless. I cannot believe how this man manipulated the entire off-season scenario with the Packers, to make them look like the bad guys, now he's doing this. This is something I would expect from an elementary school kid, but from Brett Favre? I think its time Brett Favre grows up, and gets over the fact that the Packers have moved on.

The Packers organization made it clear that they weren't going to play the retire / not retire game with Brett Favre, and thats why they drafted Aaron Rodgers in 2005. So now they've officially moved on, but Favre cannot get over the fact that the Packers are having success without him. So he's playing mine games and he's giving away the Packers' game plans. I guess if this makes Favre sleep better at night, more power to him.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watched Favre's press conference today on SNY.

He says he didn't do anything wrong other than have a casual conversation with Matt Millen about the Packers. Went hunting with Millen, talked Football..."...it happens all the time...".

This is a non-story at this point. Calm down dust, the Packers did beat the Lions anyways & I doubt Favre is sitting by the phone, dialing up every other Green Bay opponent.

Favre also said that he never called Tony Romo to give him some sort an inspirational speech either. Never called Romo, period.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They guys on SC are right, even though they ride Favre's d/ck, it's definitely true that this is common in not just the NFL but all professional sports. As long as Favre didn't make the phone call it's perfectly fine in my book.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys have to understand that the media does make up sh*t constantly.

It's not all that far-fetched to figure that somebody saw Favre and Matt Millen in the woods, camouflaged up, and smothering themselves in deer piss. Being that the Lions do play the Packers, somebody automatically makes the "Favre selling insider secrets" bit to every newspaper and new outlet in the country.

dust247

Reaction score
It easily could've been made up, but Favre admitted in the interview he did talk football with Matt Millen. Like "AE" stated we beat the Lions, so its not as big of a deal as it could've been. I just found it funny how today in his press conference that Favre was wearing the "New York Titans" hat, that has the word "Titans" in large print. Take a guess at who the Packers play next after their bye week...

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
the media ALWAYS makes up sh/t. look at the raiders for example.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
first off Favre is not guilty, because he hasnt been proven to be guilty. And he claims that he never leaked info, that they contacted him, obviously to try and get info. Also, NFL has looked into it and says that this does not violate any league rules - info from Chris Mortenson, ESPN NFL Analyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%