Falcons Hire Koetter As New Offensive Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with Dirk Koetter to replace Mike Mularkey as their offensive coordinator.

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora first reported the Falcons' hire, citing league sources.

League sources told La Canfora on Saturday that the Falcons had requested to interview Koetter, the former Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator, and Green Bay Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements for the position.

Koetter had served as the Jaguars' offensive coordinator since 2007, Falcons coach Mike Smith's final season as defensive coordinator in Jacksonville.

Mularkey was announced as head coach of the Jaguars last week.
Cause the jags have such a great offense, right?
smh, I dont even know what to say
When Is Smitty gonna stop hiring his buddies back from his Jacksonville days?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
still has a good Run offense. Can't knock the OC when his rookie QB is throwing to garbage-time receivers.

His run strategy might translate well with Turner.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Okay hire. We'll see how it turns out. I guess if they wanna keep run heavy it should be fine.

swoosh

Reaction score
He had to be run heavy in Jacksonville with their quarterbacks and receivers...odds are we'll see a completely different play caller in Atlanta.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
I still dont know what to think of this
We'll just have to wait and see. Hard to see what a guy will do with Ryan, Roddy, Julio, Gonzalez, and Turner based on what he did with Gabbert, MJD, and a bunch of shitty WRs
I really want this to work out, I just dont know whats gonna happen

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of Koetter but you do have to give him the benefit of the doubt, he had no weapons. His playcalling though.. Don't get me fucking started. He's not a good run calling either, thats just MJD being MJD.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of Koetter but you do have to give him the benefit of the doubt, he had no weapons. His playcalling though.. Don't get me fucking started. He's not a good run calling either, thats just MJD being MJD.
Well fuck
This is very sloppy and rushed move on the Falcons part
They were talking about how they wanted to hire someone that would give a different perspective on certain things, and yet, they go back to the same shit. They didn't even interview anyone else for the OC job, just gave Mike Smith's buddy the playcalling duties. SMH, I just want this to work out

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Well fuck
This is very sloppy and rushed move on the Falcons part
They were talking about how they wanted to hire someone that would give a different perspective on certain things, and yet, they go back to the same shit. They didn't even interview anyone else for the OC job, just gave Mike Smith's buddy the playcalling duties. SMH, I just want this to work out
Koetter and Smith aren't even good friends tho.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%