Falcons cut CB/S Jimmy Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

.dk92

AMAZING
Reaction score
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- The Falcons have released defensive back Jimmy Williams, AtlantaFalcons.com learned Tuesday afternoon.

Williams, a second-round selection in the 2006 NFL Draft, appeared in 27 games for the Birds over the past two years. In that time the Virginia Tech product recorded 40 tackles, three passes defensed and one interception.

Williams played cornerback during his rookie season but switched to safety prior to the 2007 campaign. He appeared in 14 games last season, seeing action both on defense and special teams. He was slated to remain at safety under the Falcons new coaching staff.
Source

Very surprising for a Falcons fan.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thought he deserved to stay on the team. Oh well maybe someone else could use his talents. I think he could be pretty good on a team where he'd get more PT

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Wow, they're retarded. I follow the falcons frequently and that's just a stupid move.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Wow, they're retarded. I follow the falcons frequently and that's just a stupid move.
Well it looks like he wasn't getting the job done, 1 INT in 2 years is weak.

Looks like the Falcons are going into super rebuilding mode and getting rid of all the trouble makers.

.dk92

AMAZING
Reaction score
I mean he wasn't all that great. He just didn't fit in Coach Smith's scheme.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
I still thought he had an upside to his game... maybe they're just getting rid of everyone outta Virginia Tech. :lol:

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't even remember him lol

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well it looks like he wasn't getting the job done, 1 INT in 2 years is weak.

Looks like the Falcons are going into super rebuilding mode and getting rid of all the trouble makers.
Yep, I think you nailed it right on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%