Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Robo Ryan

Reaction score
This is going to be a great series! I think it will go to a game 7 with Pittsburgh winning it.

The Pens have the more firepower and offense but Boston will be grittier and they have the edge in goaltending. Having more offense though usually always wins. So I say Pittsburgh will win it. It's going to be a hard fought series. Will be lots of fun to watch!

Talk about all the action here! your thoughts, predictions, what's happening in the series and gameday talk!

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
It's going to be one hell of a series ! My prediction : Pens in 7 

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Penguins in 6. I think Boston puts up a fight, but I think the Penguins will get em in 6. 

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
Bruins in 7... just cause I can't go against my team. Pittsburgh is playing really well though.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Bruins in 7

I don't watch much hockey, mostly because I don't care, but I've watched these two teams the most.

Boston's strength is their defense, led by Chara. Pittsburgh's strength is their offense, led by Malkin and Crosby. That makes that matchup pretty balanced; offense will win some, defense will win some. But Boston's offense is definitely better than Pittsburgh's defense, and also the way they have been playing, I'd take Rask over Vokoun/Fleury

It will be tough but I just see us making the Cup #bostonstrong

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not that it completely cured that problem, but Bartkowski and Krug (especially) have helped that out.

Steez

Reaction score
Pens in 5.

Bosox, get out of here with your fairweather, bullshit fandom. This is for the diehards, kid.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Same thing happened here for the Leafs. All of a sudden everyone who hated hockey was suddenly a Leafs fan.

Steez

Reaction score
That shit pisses me off so fucking much. If you don't watch during the season, you have no right to talk about the playoffs like you've been a fan the whole time. Honest to God, it pisses me off to no end.

uwp on BSX did the same shit with the Bruins a few years back and my buddy from Pittsburgh has all of a sudden become a Pens fan as of April 30. I give him so much shit.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fairweather fans are no worse, and sometimes much better, than the "diehards" who boo every non-call and yell "shoooooot" or cheer injuries or any other crap like that.

A fan is a fan and, at the end of the day, the more hockey talk the better.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
steezo said:
That shit pisses me off so fucking much. If you don't watch during the season, you have no right to talk about the playoffs like you've been a fan the whole time. Honest to God, it pisses me off to no end.

uwp on BSX did the same shit with the Bruins a few years back and my buddy from Pittsburgh has all of a sudden become a Pens fan as of April 30. I give him so much shit.
I'll give you that. I don't really consider myself a Bruins fan, I just root for them because they are a Boston team.

That being said, I understand hockey well enough to say what qualities are wanted by a hockey team and such. And look, was I wrong by my statements before? Rask played really well, and the defense really shut out Crosby N Crew. And Boston won 2/3 of all the faceoffs, thats HUGE. Boston turned it over once, Pens 8 times. the Bruins are a strong team in the Playoffs always, and I see them beating out the Pens.

Am I a Bruins fan? No not really. Does that mean that my reasonings are unjust? No.

Steez

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I'll give you that. I don't really consider myself a Bruins fan, I just root for them because they are a Boston team.

That being said, I understand hockey well enough to say what qualities are wanted by a hockey team and such. And look, was I wrong by my statements before? Rask played really well, and the defense really shut out Crosby N Crew. And Boston won 2/3 of all the faceoffs, thats HUGE. Boston turned it over once, Pens 8 times. the Bruins are a strong team in the Playoffs always, and I see them beating out the Pens.

Am I a Bruins fan? No not really. Does that mean that my reasonings are unjust? No.

Understandable, and I understand that you know the game. I don't know, it just aggravates me when "fans" who don't have the same passion that I do for the game, who don't even watch, act like they have been a diehard their whole life when the team does good. I've sat through countless shitty seasons of Buffalo sports and very few people can say they have the same love for it that I do (not most of you, you guys are all good fans) and still devote so much time to the teams.

That said, yes, Rask played very good, but so did the pipes behind him haha. Pens got robbed like 4 times. I know it's a part of the game, but the Pens chances were there all night. Bruins deserved to win, though. This series is gonna go longer than I originally thought. Loved the physicality from both sides last night.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Lot of new Ranger fans when they started getting close to winning.

Then they all get m@d that Torts is gone. Oh shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%