Eastern Conference: #2 Seed

Who will be the #2 Seed for the 2009-10 playoffs?

• Boston Celtics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orlando Magic

• Atlanta Hawks

• Miami Heat

• Philadelphia 76ers

• Chicago Bulls

• Detroit Pistons

• Indiana Pacers

• Charlotte Bobcats

• New Jersey Nets

• Milwaukee Bucks

• Toronto Raptors

• New York Knicks

• Washington Wizards

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Simply vote for who you think will be the #2 Seed in the Eastern Conference for the 2009-10 Playoffs.

Polls will be open for 24-48 hours, with the eight seeds as decided by SI members making into into the Playoff Polls, to determine who will be next seasons champion.

A tiebreak poll will be created in the event of two or more teams ending on the same amount of votes.

STANDINGS
1. Cleveland Cavaliers (Central Division)​

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I went with Boston. I actually voted them as the #1 seed. A healthy Kevin Garnett, added depth with Wallace and Daniels, managed to keep Davis.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Magic over Celtics here. More depth

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Shoot I misread the poll. I voted for the Magic #1 so I thought I'd vote for the Celtics #2... but if the Cavs are #1, I'd vote the Magic #2. Can I get that changed please?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boston, I think there off-season was overrated, some people saying they had the best one because of adding one bench player, which frankly is quite dumb to say. But they're still the 2nd best team.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I went with Boston. I actually voted them as the #1 seed. A healthy Kevin Garnett, added depth with Wallace and Daniels, managed to keep Davis.

cheato they added two new bench players, Sheed and Marques while keeping Davis.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
I'm also going with Boston, it'll be close between them and Orlando though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Still.. Adding two bench players, it's good to have depth but adding a couple bench players doesn't give you a great off-season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Still.. Adding two bench players, it's good to have depth but adding a couple bench players doesn't give you a great off-season.
Sheed could start over Kendrick, I know that won't happen but he could start. And if that don't help you then I don't wanna hear that Powe's going to help your team when he doesn't get back until mid-season.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd go 1. Orlando, 2. Boston, 3. Cleveland. I don't see why everyone thinks the Cavs so damn good...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sheed could start over Kendrick, I know that won't happen but he could start. And if that don't help you then I don't wanna hear that Powe's going to help your team when he doesn't get back until mid-season.
It's not like we'll need him in the first half.. Just need more depth come playoff time.

And the Cavs won 66 games last year, got rid of dead weight and added good players, so maybe thats why people think they're damn good, and not the Magic who only beat the Cavs and Celtics because of a miss match problem they caused, that they no longer have.

For whatever reason Magic fans hate the Cavs, I guess they'll be in for a rude awaking this season if they think they're better.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
And the Cavs won 66 games last year, got rid of dead weight and added good players, so maybe thats why people think they're damn good, and not the Magic who only beat the Cavs and Celtics because of a miss match problem they caused, that they no longer have.

For whatever reason Magic fans hate the Cavs, I guess they'll be in for a rude awaking this season if they think they're better.
Because adding Shaquille O'Neal is really going to solve the Cavaliers problems... I'm sorry but I really don't see the Cavaliers as a top 2 team in the East this year. It's not just the match-up problem against the Magic they had, their guards over achieved all throughout the regular season last year and when they came back down to earth in the playoffs, they got exposed. Neither Williams nor West will have the fluke season they did last year. And I'm sorry again but I don't see adding Parker or Moon to be that critical...

Cleveland is 3rd IMO.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because adding Shaquille O'Neal is really going to solve the Cavaliers problems... I'm sorry but I really don't see the Cavaliers as a top 2 team in the East this year. It's not just the match-up problem against the Magic they had, their guards over achieved all throughout the regular season last year and when they came back down to earth in the playoffs, they got exposed. Neither Williams nor West will have the fluke season they did last year. And I'm sorry again but I don't see adding Parker or Moon to be that critical...

Cleveland is 3rd IMO.
It will solve a lot of problems.. First off we won't have to double team Howard anymore, since Shaq will be plenty enough to handle him. And it was a match up problem that won the Magic the series. Our guards didnt play good, yet the Magic had to escape in a few of there wins. And we had to double team Howard every play, leaving a shooter wide open.

You're telling me adding someone like Bass is a good move, but not Moon or Parker? lol good one.

The Magic will be lucky to get the 3rd seed this year.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It will solve a lot of problems.. First off we won't have to double team Howard anymore, since Shaq will be plenty enough to handle him. And it was a match up problem that won the Magic the series. Our guards didnt play good, yet the Magic had to escape in a few of there wins. And we had to double team Howard every play, leaving a shooter wide open.

You're telling me adding someone like Bass is a good move, but not Moon or Parker? lol good one.

The Magic will be lucky to get the 3rd seed this year.
Lol I didn't say anything about Bass. But the Magic had a good off-season, there's no way around that. Vince Carter is an upgrade over Turkoglu, Lee will be missed but he's replaced in the starting lineup most likely by Pietrus who proved he's a solid player. Barnes takes Pietrus' spot as the 6th man, and either Jason Williams or Anthony Johnson backs up Jameer Nelson at the point, who had an all-star season before getting injured. We resigned Gortat which I didn't expect but a pleasant surprise, and also brought in Bass who's an okay role player and Ryan Anderson who fits our system.

The Magic had to escape with some wins? If it wasn't for a miracle shot by LeBron, the series is a sweep...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol I didn't say anything about Bass. But the Magic had a good off-season, there's no way around that. Vince Carter is an upgrade over Turkoglu, Lee will be missed but he's replaced in the starting lineup most likely by Pietrus who proved he's a solid player. Barnes takes Pietrus' spot as the 6th man, and either Jason Williams or Anthony Johnson backs up Jameer Nelson at the point, who had an all-star season before getting injured. We resigned Gortat which I didn't expect but a pleasant surprise, and also brought in Bass who's an okay role player and Ryan Anderson who fits our system.

The Magic had to escape with some wins? If it wasn't for a miracle shot by LeBron, the series is a sweep...
Vince is a selfish player, I've already gone over this, he won't fit on a team with the most immature player in the league. The Magic need to move the ball around, and Vince won't do that.
You want to talk about over achieving? That's all Pietrus did against the Cavs, he shot like Ray Allen, which was clearly a fluke after watching him in the finals. Jason Williams is not good anymore lol... And neither is Anthony Johnson, only thing he's good at is elbowing people and getting away with it.

Yea, escaping with a Rashard Lewis game winner, should have been suspended for the series since he was enhancing his performance.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Vince is a selfish player, I've already gone over this, he won't fit on a team with the most immature player in the league. The Magic need to move the ball around, and Vince won't do that.
You want to talk about over achieving? That's all Pietrus did against the Cavs, he shot like Ray Allen, which was clearly a fluke after watching him in the finals. Jason Williams is not good anymore lol... And neither is Anthony Johnson, only thing he's good at is elbowing people and getting away with it.

Yea, escaping with a Rashard Lewis game winner, should have been suspended for the series since he was enhancing his performance.
Lol Vince is a selfish player and Hedo isn't? Hedo was a great passer but very selfish with the ball. Dwight Howard is the most immature player in the league? I strongly disagree, you're just mad that he dropped what... 40 and 14 in Game 6? Pietrus didn't over-achieve, he hit open shots... something he gets paid to do. Jason Williams isn't good anymore? That remains to be seen; it's not like the Magic are asking him to come in and be the playmaker he once was. And Anthony Johnson was a great backup all season, there's no arguement for that. And clever about Rashard, you've got me in stitches, really.

I'm sorry you've let your city not winning a title in ages directly affect your brain.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol Vince is a selfish player and Hedo isn't? Hedo was a great passer but very selfish with the ball. Dwight Howard is the most immature player in the league? I strongly disagree, you're just mad that he dropped what... 40 and 14 in Game 6? Pietrus didn't over-achieve, he hit open shots... something he gets paid to do. Jason Williams isn't good anymore? That remains to be seen; it's not like the Magic are asking him to come in and be the playmaker he once was. And Anthony Johnson was a great backup all season, there's no arguement for that. And clever about Rashard, you've got me in stitches, really.

I'm sorry you've let your city not winning a title in ages directly affect your brain.
Yea, I dont know if you know exactly what Vince did to the Raptors. I don't know if you even watch the Magic games, maybe they don't broadcast them where you live, because you seem to have become a fan when the scrub Redick entered the league. Pietrus overachieved, if you think Mo overachieved in the regular season, because he hit open shots as well, ones that he missed in the playoffs.

I'm sorry you're a bandwagon fan who knows nothing.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yea, I dont know if you know exactly what Vince did to the Raptors. I don't know if you even watch the Magic games, maybe they don't broadcast them where you live, because you seem to have become a fan when the scrub Redick entered the league. Pietrus overachieved, if you think Mo overachieved in the regular season, because he hit open shots as well, ones that he missed in the playoffs.

I'm sorry you're a bandwagon fan who knows nothing.
Lol you didn't even know me before Redick entered the league, I find it funny how you can make blind assumptions. Yes, I did like the Magic before Redick got drafted by them, and I will like them after Redick leaves. I watch a great majority of Magic games online, don't tell me I'm a bandwagon fan who knows nothing because I will stump your ass with basketball any day of the calendar year.

I'm sorry you're bitter that the Magic embarrassed the Cavs this season... I'm just giving you the advice to relish this year while you can because once LeBron leaves, the Cavaliers will go straight down the s***er, where every other Ohio sports team is right now...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol you didn't even know me before Redick entered the league, I find it funny how you can make blind assumptions. Yes, I did like the Magic before Redick got drafted by them, and I will like them after Redick leaves. I watch a great majority of Magic games online, don't tell me I'm a bandwagon fan who knows nothing because I will stump your ass with basketball any day of the calendar year.

I'm sorry you're bitter that the Magic embarrassed the Cavs this season... I'm just giving you the advice to relish this year while you can because once LeBron leaves, the Cavaliers will go straight down the s***er, where every other Ohio sports team is right now...
lol, you pretty much are flat retarded. But continue to watch a team not in your area that you bandwagoned too...

At least I am a loyal fan who will root for his home town teams. Can't really say the same for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%